Monday, July 30, 2012
7/30/2012, #30, 3rd Quarter 2012
Father, it is so easy to slip away and choose to serve other gods. Help us and our families to be steady in you.
"for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, who did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way that we went and among all the people through whom we passed.: (Joshua 24:17)
Father, thank you for the mighty deliverance from sin and death that you have wrought for us. Help us keep in mind all those signs which point to your mighty hand.
"And the LORD drove out from before us all the people, including the Amorites who dwelt in the land. We also will serve the LORD, for He is our God." (Joshua 24:18 )
Jesus, drive out of the Episcopal Church all those who pursue foreign gods.
But Joshua said to the people, "You cannot serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins." (Joshua 24:19)
Holy Spirit, help us come to appreciate the jealousy of the Father and how it offends him when we follow any other God.
"If you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good." (Joshua 24:20)
Holy Spirit, help us recognize the consequences of our sins.
And the people said to Joshua, "No, but we will serve the LORD!" (Joshua 24:21)
LORD, we have chosen to serve you, help us to be steady in that choice.
So Joshua said to the people, "You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the LORD for yourselves, to serve Him." And they said, "We are witnesses!" (Joshua 24:22)
Help us daily, LORD, to be witnesses to the choice we have made to serve you..
"Now therefore," he said, "put away the foreign gods which are among you, and incline your heart to the LORD God of Israel." (Joshua 24:23)
Holy Spirit, help us put away all foreign gods.
And the people said to Joshua, "The LORD our God we will serve, and His voice we will obey!" (Joshua 24:24)
Father, please help us to hear and obey your voice.
So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. (Joshua 24:25)
Jesus, help us to be a covenant people who keep our covenant with you. Thank you.
A word received: I AM with you -- that is sufficient.
Monday: 56, 57,  * 64, 65; Joshua 24:16-33: Rom. 16:1-16: Matt. 27:24-31
Tuesday: 61, 62 * 68:1-20(21-23)24-36; Judges 2:1-5,11-23: Rom. 16:17-27: Matt. 27:32-44
Notes from the Front Line
Daily: For our Bishop and for the Healing Ministry in every parish. July 30 Daughters of the King and their expansion in the Diocese
***** HEALING SERVICE:
St Mary's, Lake Luzerne will observe the Feast of the Transfiguration of our Lord, Monday, Aug 6 with a Service of Healing. It will begin with Evening Prayer at 7pm and conclude with Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. Bishop Dan will officiate.
A reception hosted by the Divine Mercy Chapter of the Daughters of the King will follow in the Parish Hall. St Mary's is located on Route 9N in the Village (220 Lake Ave).
***** Prayer request from Torre and Jean: I have bleeding in 3 or 4 spots in my left retina. The ophthalmologist says there are no tears or holes in the retina. The same thing happened in my right eye a couple of years ago. Jean is having problems adjusting the blood pressure medicine. It does make her blood pressure come down which is good, but it lowers her pulse rate too low which is bad.
***** Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012
From: Nigel Mumford
Subject: Daily quote...
Do you have a hole in your soul?
"Then fill it dear Liza."
"With what shall I fill it dear Henry, dear Henry?"
"With Jesus dear Liza!"
"There's "No" hole in my soul, dear Henry, dear Henry, no hole!"
Thanks be to God dear Liza....
"But from there you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him." Deuteronomy 4:29
***** Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012
From: Mary MacDonald
Subject: St James Lake George Prayer Table Report Friday July 27,2012 Terry Graves and Mary MacDonald
+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina
3 women -- no thanks
Mary -- Barry prayers for head injury
Nick -- my Grandmother Barbara for a speedy recovery
Tony -- Maxine and Jo-Anne are both battling illnesses
John -- Ruthie
Young Man -- Pray for everybody in my family...I’m late for work
Julie+ -- Janet who has breast cancer
Young family -- made like we weren’t there
Colleen -- Jimmy for a speedy recovery from upcoming surgery
Rosemary+ and Jerry+ -- Please pray for us
***** Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012
From: Shaw Mudge
Subject: Public Prayer Mail for July 30
Dear praying partners, This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week's update: What a week to sum up. I am back in New York State, and Julie and Lydia are away until Tuesday evening.
1) The memorial service for Julie's mom went well. Julie preached a great sermon. (Subsequently, she and her sister have been working on some matters relating to their mom.)
2) I am making good progress with developing the online education program for Belize. Interest is gaining momentum about all our online programs, and on Tuesday, I met a person on an airplane, a Pentecostal person; after I gave him a briefing on what Anglicanism was, he said that he would be interested in supporting us financially and in taking part in the program for his self-improvement. Praise God!
3) I had an interesting birthday on Saturday. Just about every relative, except Hannah, was out of town. Touched base with most.
4) I had a great time celebrating and preaching at both services at Christ Church, Cooperstown, today.
1) We will be at St. Matthew's in Latham, next week. Pray that the Holy Spirit would touch lives through us in a mighty way.
2) For our program preparations over the next month, and for our October plans. The Bp. of Belize would like me to attend the diocesan synod in October, and if things can be worked out, to talk with the Primate of the Church in the Province of the West Indies about our online plans, during the diocesan Synod. Your prayers about this would be appreciated.
3) Prayers about scheduling visits to parishes. We have a few dates in September open and beyond that. Pray that the Holy Spirit would open doors for what he wants to do through us, and to connect with the right people that he wants us to meet.
4) For Lydia as she finishes her summer plans before returning to college, for Hannah as she prepares for her short-term mission trip to Uganda which begins this week, and for Ruth who adjusts to a new workweek schedule, and prepares for music students in the Fall. It would be helpful for Ruth to have an increase in the number of her students.
God bless you, and thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important for us, and I pray for you every day.
In Christ, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+ SAMS missionaries, as well as missionaries of the Diocese of Albany, Serving globally.