Wednesday, August 28, 2013
8/28/2013, #48, 3rd Quarter 2013
Holy Spirit, help us daily follow the example of this woman and do whatever is in our power to serve Jesus as she did. Thank you for her love for Jesus. Help us repent of criticizing the ministry you have given others. Help each of us do our part.
"There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores." Luke 16:19-21
Jesus, you have told us that we will always have the poor among us. Help us recognize them and give them aid and comfort. Help us repent of hardness of heart such as the rich man had.
Wednesday: 119:1-24 * 12, 13, 14; 1 Kings 3:1-15; Acts 27:9-26; Mark 14:1-11
Thursday: 18:1-20 * 18:21-50; 1 Kings 3:16-28; Acts 27:27-44; Mark 14:12-26
Notes from the Front Line
Diocesan Intercessions: Daily: For our Bishop and for cultivation of daily prayer in every disciple, August 28 For vigor in all the Sunday Schools of the Diocese
***** Sent: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 7:24 am
Subject: Mudge Mission Prayer Mail for 27 August
Dear partners in prayer, This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week's selective overview:
1) Our next semester begins this coming Saturday, August 31st. We have a great group of students lined up in Belize. Resource support for the faculty efforts in Tanzania continues. There is excitement.
2) This week, I have been working on administrative matters with with respect to Belize and Tanzania, in terms of ongoing projects that develop the program in each country, my upcoming trip to Belize, and organizing the efforts of the other faculty who are working with me.
Our program is somewhat like putting the international space station together: an international effort, put together module by module, trip by trip, with the cooperation of international ongoing staff, but with a difference: eternal results. It is a great project, and very rewarding. The students and dioceses thank you for your participation (so do I). It is very important.
3) Preparations are underway for parish visits over the upcoming months.
1) Pray for the students and faculty over the course of this coming semester, and their families.
2) Pray for all the items above, that I mentioned, concerning this past week. Please turn the statements into prayer requests.
3) Pray for my contribution to the upcoming Trinity School of Ministry devotional; deadline is approaching. I would like the Holy Spirit to minister through my words.
4) Pray for our elderly relatives, and for all that is on our plate as a family.
5) Continue to pray for the October Cursillo weekend in Belize.
6) Lydia's birthday is this week. It is a significant milestone.
In Christ, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
***** Prayer requests from Willowfield parish in Belfast, Northern Ireland:
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 11:39 AM
Subject: Prayer Request
Could I Please ask you all to pray for the marriage of Christian friends which looks like they are about to break up. Pray for all involved as this is an attack of the enemy of their souls.
Marriage is the first institution set by God and family the second. satan has been interfering in marriage ever since Adam and Eve, he knows that if he can destroy these two great institutions of God's the third the church will fall.
I never judge a couple whose marriage is in trouble, I just get so angry with satan, so lets take a minute or two each day to pray for our own and the marriages of those we know and love.
Thank you Ronnie O'Neill
***** Prayer Table Report, Cold Brook Dr. South Colton, NY, Fri. Aug.23,2013, 10 am to 11:30am Overcast, 60's, Jo Ferris
a dog---my first recipient was a dog, unfamiliar to me. He came over to the table and rested his nose on my knee. He acted lost. I prayed he would find his owners.
a man smoking a pipe as he drove---I prayed for his addition
Arlene--she needed to keep walking --soo --asked for prayers of thanksgiving.
a man talking on the cell phone as he drove