Friday, August 30, 2013
8/30/2013, #50, 3rd Quarter 2013
Jesus, help us surrender our wills to the Father's will as you did.
Holy Spirit, give strength to endure when the times are hard.
Father, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth and in our hearts as it is in heaven. Thank you.
Uphold my steps in your paths, that my footsteps may not slip. (Psalm 17:5)
A word received: Look to me to steady your feet.
Friday: 16, 17 * 22; 1 Kings 5:1-6:1,7; Acts 28:1-16; Mark 14:27-42
Saturday: 20, 21:1-7(8-14) * 110:1-5(6-7), 116, 117; 1 Kings 7:51-8:21; Acts 28:17-31; Mark 14:43-52
Notes from the Front Line
Diocesan Intercessions: Daily: For our Bishop and for cultivation of daily prayer in every disciple, August 30 St. Paul’s, Kinderhook – The Rev’d Karl Griswold-Kuhn
***** Schenectady City Mission Prayer Table Report, Thursday, August 29, 2013, 5:15 - 6:15 p.m.. Torre and Jean Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo from Christ Church Schenectady. This took place during the evening meal at the City Mission.
+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina
a--indicates anointed with Holy Water
Dan -- We gave thanks that he had connected with his daughter. We prayed for a young man Kyle.
+Tony -- He was having lots of spiritual warfare issues.
Bob -- That he would soon get a steady job.
Ted (volunteer) -- He again asked prayer for his daughter Camille who has lyme disease and is having difficulty getting treatment.
+a Erica (woman) -- She is homelss, going from house to house. She needs a job, also prayer for her daughter Alia.
+a Jamal (young man) -- "protection and provision"
Stephen (man) -- He talked incessantly but did no listening and wouldn't receive prayer.
***** Loving the Lord by John Henry Jowett, 1863-1923
The secret of life is to love the Lord our God, and our neighbours as ourselves. But how are we to love the Lord? We cannot manufacture love. We cannot love to order. We cannot by an act of the will command its appearing. No, not in these ways is love created. Love is not a work, it is a fruit. It grows in suitable soils, and it is our part to prepare the soils. When the conditions are congenial, love appears, just as the crocus and the snowdrop appear in the congenial air of the spring.
What, then, can we do? We can seek the Lord's society. We can think about Him. We can fill our imaginations with the grace of His life and service. We can be much with Him, talking to Him in prayer, singing to Him in praise, telling Him our yearnings and confessing to Him our defeats. And love will be quietly born. For this is how love is born between heart and heart. Two people are "much together," and love is born! And when we are much with the Lord, we are with One who already loves us with an everlasting love. We are with One who yearns for our love and who seeks in every way to win it. "We love Him because He first loved us." And when we truly love God, every other kind of holy love will follow. Given the fountain, the rivers are sure.
***** We are gearing up for another year at the Kingdom School and wondered if you could spread the word in case there are any other people interested in doing the school and also to keep it all in your prayers.
The Kingdom School: the Global School of Supernatural Ministry Satellite School will be located at Our Savior's Lutheran Church: Application deadline extended to September 5th.
Please let anyone you know who might be interested in the school know about the changes. We have some scholarship assistance as well as an installment payment plan for folks in need.
Michael Hales 518 672 0014
***** Donna Rohrmiller ***** Today with a gods help I will listen to The Lord. Albany Intercessor
Dear Family and Friends,
I am soon to return to Ghana. Though always happy to be here and among you, I have to say my heart is starting to head back to Ghana. I leave the Albany area on 9/5, and leave for Ghana on 9/8. I thank you for all the generosity and hospitality shown to me during my stay here. I love sharing what the Lord is doing and appreciate your interest in it.
Although many have been generous, I am heading back with some needs still unmet. I received enough to cover the scholarships, but the cost of the special projects has not been met. I ask you to consider if you could contribute to any of these. Please also consider if your group or church might want to take one of these projects on to raise funds and send them at another time.
For the IAM Bible Schools - We want to undertake a number of things to enhance our schools and student outreach.
* T-shirts – Collar t-shirts will give our students a sense of identity, esp. while on outreaches, and will also advertise the schools. We need money to get t-shirts printed. Cost = $330 to print 50 shirts
* Portable PA System for use on student outreaches and mission trips. Cost = $800.
* LCD Projector for showing Christian movies on Outreahes and mission trips. Cost = $440
* Laptop to use with projector – Looking for donation of a newer used laptop or $400.
* Photocopier – Having our own machine would save money for copying our training manuals.
* Used photocopy machine = $1100.
For the Elderly
* One woman’s house is almost fully rebuilt. She needs the floor put in before she can move in. We will look at painting it in the future. Cost of cement floor = $220.
* An elderly blind man in Atronie still needs his room repaired. Every time it rains, he leaves his room because it rains in on him. Cost of room repair = $610
IAM Personnel – I would like to give special help those who help IAM on a regular basis.
* Pastor Joe’s home has areas where the termites are eating through the wood. He supports a sister and brother as they attend school, as well as his wife, so has not been able to undertake this project. Cost of wood and labor = $500
* Pastor Ransford, his wife, and two young sons (they JUST had a new baby!) live in one room. His village church cannot support them. We considered helping them rent a bigger place, but little is available in his village. We also felt it would be cost-effective in the long run to build them a simple two-room mud brick, cement-plastered house. They are providing the labor and building on their church’s land. Cost = $1350
Other Donations – Some new or good used items that people in Ghana would appreciate are:
* Flash drives
* Digital cameras
* Cell phones – not older than about 3 years old.
* < Laptops – used laptops not older than 5 years, willing to make minor repairs if necessary.
I thank you all for considering this request! May the Lord bless you and shine His face unpon you as you care for the less fortunate!
In His service, Donna (soon to be) in Ghana (again!)
May your heart be "strangely warmed" as you read this. May you receive this as a prayer as The Lord pours his peace into you. May you know this day the pure love of The Lord as He heals and restores you. He will never leave you or forsake you. He is with you always. Push out the worry, fear and pain. Give it all to The Lord! Make room for that "knowing." Listen pal, He loves you, stop fretting, and allow The Lord to fill your heart with His divine presence. Take a moment to know you are being prayed for and fill your heart with that amazing gift. Breath in the very presence of The Lord...
God bless you dear soul.
***** Today with a gods help I will listen to The Lord.