This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, September 26, 2013

 

9/26/2013, #75, 3rd Quarter 2013

Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask him. (Matthew 6:8 )
      Father, you have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; you understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, Father, you know it altogether. (from Psalm 139:1-4)

In this manner, therefore, pray: our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. (Matthew 6:9)
      Father, help us each day to keep your name holy. "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged." (Isaiah 6:5-7) Father, thank you for cleansing my heart and my lips.


Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)
      Father, help me to do my part for the kingdom of heaven: send me forth into the harvest fields.

Give us this day our daily bread. (Matthew 6:11)
      Father, we look to you. You have supplied water from the rock and food in the sesert -- thank you.

And forgive us our sins, As we forgive those who sin against us. (Matthew 6:12)
      "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. (Ephesians 4:26-27) Help me daily by your Holy Spirit, Father, to forgive and go to bed at peace withothers.

And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. (Matthew 6:13a)
      Father, keep us from hard testing, just as gold is tested in fire, so are chosen men in the furnace of humiliation. Purge away our sins.

      Jesus, thank you for sympathizing with us in our weakness. Thank you for knowing every temptation we go through. We come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and frind grace to help in our hour of need.

For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. (Matthew 6:13b)
      Father, help us to be kingdom people who live in the hope of the resurrection. Thank you.

"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (Matthew 6:14-15)
      Father, please help us have your character: quick to forgive and slow to anger. Thank you.

A word received: Offer yourselves anew to me.

Thursday: [83] or 146, 147 * 85, 86; 2 Kings 9:1-16; 1 Cor. 6:12-20; Matt. 6:1-6,16-18
Friday: 88 * 91, 92; 2 Kings 9:17-37; 1 Cor. 7:1-9; Matt. 6:7-15

      Notes from the Front Line

Diocesan Intercessions: Daily: For our Bishop and for everyone to read the Scriptures September 26 The Rev’d Lora Smith

***** From: Nigel Mumford
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013
      Please watch the video of the visit of By His Wounds Ministry to the 10th Mountain Division in regard to the Welcome Home Initiative. http://www.anglicanchaplains.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/welcomehome092413.mov

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?