This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, September 28, 2013

 

9/28/2013, #77, 3rd Quarter 2013

Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Genesis 12:1-3)
      Jesus, help me daily follow where you lead. I trust you to be my chart and compass and lead me into the life you want for me.

"Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (Jeremiah 23:5-6)
      Jesus, come and rule and reign in our hearts with your righteousness. Come into the life of the Episcopal Church and help us dwell in safety. Thank you.

And He shall stand and feed His flock In the strength of the LORD, In the majesty of the name of the LORD His God; And they shall abide, For now He shall be great To the ends of the earth; (Micah 5:4)
      Jesus, you have fed me and clothed me and provided shelter for me and my family all these years. Thank you. Help me go forward day by day in your strength.

"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey. (Zechariah 9:9)
      Jesus, thank you for coming to me in lowliness -- for meeting me where I am.

Return to the stronghold, You prisoners of hope. Even today I declare That I will restore double to you. (Zechariah 9:12)
      Father, I too am a prisoner of hope -- I live in the hope of the resurrection and I live in hope for what you are doing for me now. Thank you.

"And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. (Zechariah 12:10)
      LORD God, pour your Spirit of grace and supplication upon those who know Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

"In that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness. (Zechariah 13:1)
      Lord, we mourn for the state of your church and its people. Open up that fountain of your Holy Spirit so that we may be made clean and set free from the power of sin. Thank you.

For on that day the priest shall make atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you may be clean from all your sins before the LORD. (Leviticus 16:30)
      We pray for the clergy of the Episcopal Church -- that they will communicate to all your people the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ and his power to set free from sin. Thank you.

"The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! (Matthew 6:22-23)
      A word received: Pray for clarity of spiritual sight.

A word received: Hearken to my voice.

Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkAZteruVAw

Saturday: 87, 90 * 136; 2 Kings 11:1-20a; 1 Cor. 7:10-24; Matt. 6:19-24
Sunday: 66, 67 * 19, 46; 2 Kings 17:1-18; Acts 9:36-43; Luke 5:1-11
Proper 21 Closest to September 28: 146 or 146:4-9; Amos 6:1-7; 1 Timothy 6:11-19; Luke 16:19-31
s
      Notes from the Front Line

Diocesan Intercessions: Daily: For our Bishop and for everyone to read the Scriptures September 28 The Rev’d James Clarke

***** Schenectady City Mission Prayer Table Report, Thursday, September 26, 2013, 5:15 - 6:10 p.m.. Torre and Jean Bissell, and Chuck Rinaldo from Christ Church Schenectady. This took place during the evening meal at the City Mission.

+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina
a--indicates anointed with Holy Water

David (young man) -- "I am now clean, I have a job and a car."

Dan -- He is working toward reconciliation with his daughter Julia.

Smiley -- "It's easy to get down and hard to get up." Problems with growing older.

We prayed for peace at the Schenectady City Mission Community Meal.

+Fred -- "Gratefulness that I can have a meal. My wife +Judy needs 24/7 oxygen. I have had a 3-way heart bypass. My sister is a nun.

Stephen (Jewish man) -- He was much less hostile to Christianity this time. He still did most of the talking and little listening.

Gary -- We prayed for Stephen (above), for Gary's family, and he prayed for us.

***** Fr.John Hopkins and I are offering a grief support group called "Comfort for those Who Mourn" starting on Monday October 21st at St. Luke's on the Hill, 40 Mc Bride Road, Mechanicville from 4:00-5:30. The group will last 6 weeks and then there will be monthly reunion meetings. There, of course, is no charge for the meetings but registration at 664-4834 is appreciated. Many thanks and blessings, Deacon Lynne Curtis

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?