This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, October 24, 2013

 

10/24/2013, #20, 4th Quarter 2013

Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. (Psalm 37:1)
      Holy Spirit, set us free from fretting, anxiety, and envy.

For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. (Psalm 37:2)
      Father, I trust in you and your justice and mercy.

Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on his faithfulness. (Psalm 37:3)
      Lord Jesus, I place my trust in you. Help me by your Holy Spirit to daily do good and feed on your faithfulness.

Delight yourself also in the LORD, and he shall give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)
      LORD, you are my delight and the desire of my heart. All my springs are in you (Psalm 87:7b). Help me to spend time with you daily so that I may be refreshed and refresh others with your streams of living water.

Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass. (Psalm 37:5)
      Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I commit my way to you and trust you to bring to pass all that you desire for me.

Thursday: 37:1-18 * 37:19-42; Ezra 1:1-11; 1 Cor. 16:1-9; Matt. 12:15-21
Friday: 31 * 35; Ezra 3:1-13; 1 Cor. 16:10-24; Matt. 12:22-32

      Notes from the Front Line

Diocesan Intercessions: Daily: For our Bishop and for the Lord to raise up missionary minded Deacons
October 23 For the Sanctity of Marriage
October 24 The Rev’d Evette Austin, The Rev’d Deborah Beach, The Rev’d Paul Hunter

Holy Spirit, give us all a passion for Jesus. Help us go deeper in our lives with him. Let the Diocesan Convention be a time and place where your people go deeper with Jesus. Thank you.

***** Cathedral Prayer Report, 10-23-2013, Cold and Breezy, Candy Palumbo, dcn Su Plaske, Beth Collum, Jana Lingo, Hilda Hardy

Heather - operation nov. 20

Connie & Kris - Terika, Jim, Roy, Jackie, Robin, Elaine, Harold, Karl, Kevin - healing

Jana - safe travels

Jenifer and Haley - healing

Candy & Family spiritual growth, Discernment, and provisions

Dan - Son Ben and Vanessa- important decisons

***** From: Rev'd. Nigel Mumford+
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Subject: Thank you for your prayers four years ago today.
Dear Souls,
      I write on this day thanking God for your prayers. It was four years ago today that I was in the ICU struggling to stay alive with the H1N1 swine flu having been in a coma for three weeks. It was Friday 10/23/09 that I started total organ failure. My kidneys and liver stopped working. I am told I was less than an hour to death. It was Sunday 10/25/09 that I started to rally and the doctors realized I would live.
      I have no doubt whatsoever that I am alive because of corporate prayer. Your prayers saved my life. Of this I shall be forever grateful.
      On reflection I feel like like the unnamed paralytic who was lowered down through the roof for Jesus to heal. Mark 2:1-12 I was lowered not by four friends but by four thousand friends... I find it amazing that I am still hearing stories of what happened.
      I send a heartfelt thank you to all who prayed this night for me. Your prayers saved my life of this I have no doubt.
      It is so strange to boil this all down to two words but after four years this is what I tell God every day:
      "THANK YOU." or the longer version: Thank you God, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Holy Spirit, thank you Holy Trinity. Thank you people of God.
      God bless you and keep praying. You know it works! In His healing Grace, Rev. Nigel+

***** Notes on GAFCON 2013 by a friend:
Here's my latest entry at L&B
http://anglicanprayer.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/why-gafcon-2013-matters-part-2-praying-for-the-mini-conference-sessions/

It's a bit unusual perhaps, but it focuses on my personal testimony and knowledge of what the Lausanne Congress in 1974 and the subsequent Glen Eyrie Consultation on witness to Muslims in 1978 produced... Not all conferences are just TALK. Some, through the creation of effective working groups, lead to actions that change the world.

Here's how John Stott described Lausanne 1:
‘Many a conference has resembled a fireworks display. It has made a loud noise and illuminated the night sky for a few brief brilliant seconds. What is exciting about Lausanne is that its fire continues to spark off other fires. ’

That's my prayer for GAFCON 2013!

***** From: Christine Simoneau Hales
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Subject: Newest Kingdom Arts Ministry Blog!
      Hello Friends: Here is the news of what we are up to this month. Hope you enjoy the photos and we love to hear your comments! http://kingdomartsministry.com/2013/10/ ( or, if this link doesn't work go to Kingdomartsministry.com and click on the October posting on the right column.)

***** From: Joann E Ferris, Intercessor for the Diocese of Albany
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013
      Yesterday was Jim's surgery--Praise the Lord!! All is well! God is good.all the time. T.I.M.E. time. Jim even agreed to anointing before surgery. The nurses commented on how healthy he is --the doctor told me "all went well" he sees the dr. on the 31st for follow up. Dear Lord and Heavenly Father we thank you for your constant presence, wisdom and strength. We thank u for the healing that is taking place in Jim physically and spiritually. Thank you. Thank you for guiding the surgeon and all who attended to Jim yesterday at Massena Hospital. God Bless u all for your prayers. YSIC, Jo

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?