This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, October 27, 2013

 

10/27/2013, #22, 4th Quarter 2013

Also he spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: (Luke 18:9)
      Holy Spirit, please help me stop trusting in myself; help me place my whole confidence in Jesus and his righteousness.

      Jesus, forgive me for the many times I have held others in contempt. Help truly repent of doing that.

"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. (Luke 18:10)
      Father, please help me daily come into your presence to worship you. Let my body be an undefiled temple of your Holy Spirit.

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, (Luke 18:11a)
      LORD, so often I have "prayed thus with myself" -- mistaking my thoughts for prayers to you.

'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' (Luke 18:11b-12)
      Jesus, I am like other men: I have no righteousness of my own except what I receive from your blood shed for me. My sins accuse me daily, but I put my trust in you and your cross and resurrection.

And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' (Luke 18:13)
      God, be merciful to me a sinner!

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." (Luke 18:14)
      Father, help me humble myself in your sight, help me come into your presence to worship you in humility of spirit. Thank you.

A word received: Trust in me and not in yourselves.

A word received: Put me first.

Sunday: 63:1-8(9-11),98 * 103; Haggai 1:1-2:9; Acts 18:24-19:7; Luke 10:25-37
Proper 25 Closest to October 26: 84 or 84:1-6; Jeremiah 14:(1-6)7-10,19-22; 2 Timothy 4:6-8,16-18; Luke 18:9-14
Monday: 41,52 * 44; Zech. 1:7-17; Rev. 1:4-20; Matt. 12:43-50

      Notes from the Front Line

Diocesan Intercessions: Daily: For our Bishop and for the Lord to raise up missionary minded Deacons
October 27 For Persecuted Christians around the world

Holy Spirit, give us all a passion for Jesus. Help us go deeper in our lives with him. Let the Diocesan Convention be a time and place where your people go deeper with Jesus. Thank you.

***** Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:18 AM
Subject: An update on Fr. Paul Bailey and dear wife Pat
      Here's the update for tonight. I am emotionally and physically spent and would appreciate your passing this along. Paul has been taken off the ventilator but is in very weak condition and we are going hour by hour - thanks for the continued prayers. Love and FHS Pat

***** Update on GAFCON from a friend:
24 of my favorite pictures from GAFCON 2 http://anglicanprayer.wordpress.com/2013/10/26/the-faces-of-gafcon-part-2/

****
Also, how I'm praying and encouraging people to pray for the future: http://anglicanprayer.wordpress.com/2013/10/26/praise-for-all-god-did-at-gafcon-ii-this-past-week-and-all-he-will-yet-do/

Excerpt
It’s those final two lines of the conclusion I want to focus on for prayer going forward:
      I long and pray that GAFCON II will turn out to have been more than just a wonderful conference, but a turning point and rallying cry for orthodox Anglicans around the world.
      I pray that the leaders of the GAFCON / GFCA movement going forward will have wisdom in how to translate the words and the commitments of the Nairobi Communique into sustained ACTION, i.e. that they would be able to develop practical resources, and create effective structures for ongoing networking, teaching and encouragement.
      I pray that it will become clear how individuals and churches can truly JOIN the GFCA, and that it will mean something concrete in terms of providing support and strength through the example of faithful brothers and sisters around the world who are taking a bold stand for Christ. May the GFCA become a dynamic movement that spurs on the completion of the Great Commission in our generation!

***** From: Jeanne Gizara
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013
Subject: Mudge Scripture Prayer
May God grant you your heart’s desire and fulfill all your plans! May we shout for joy over your salvation and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the Lord fulfill all your petitions. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 120: 4-5 and 7
      Father God, we ask that You be with Father Shaw in a special way, guiding his heart’s desire and his plans that they may be fulfilled according to your perfect will. May the Mudge family be filled with joy as they trust in You. Lord, we continue to pray for Fr. Shaw while he is in Belize. We pray for that Cursillo weekend that is going on right now. May your Holy Spirit be filling all participants to overflowing with love and joy and blessings. And we pray for protection and travel mercies as Father Shaw flies home in a few days. Amen.
Special Prayer for the Belize Cursillo weekend:
      God of mercy and God of grace, Guide us to love each other as you have loved us. And guide us to serve each other as You have served us; That in your love we may find peace in the beauty of creation; And as we serve You, may your grace continue to guide our path to the one true light, Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.

***** Jean and I got to watch our grandson Noah make his first touchdown this weekend in flag football. We also got to see our son and daughter-in-law Tamba and Lisa and their other son Simon. Our oldest son Brereton flew up from Brazil to visit our grandson Kyle who is a freshman at Babson College outside of Boston. Brereton and Kyle came up for the game as well. We were well snuggled in against the cold.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?