Monday, November 11, 2013
11/11/2013, #37, 4th Quarter 2013
Lord GOD, make a way through for your faithful people in our day.
And their persecutors you threw into the deep, as a stone into the mighty waters. (Nehemiah 9:11b)
Lord Jesus, deal with the persecutors of your people in our day.
Moreover you led them by day with a cloudy pillar, and by night with a pillar of fire, to give them light on the road which they should travel. (Nehemiah 9:12)
Holy Spirit, guide your faithful people in our day. Show us the path we should walk on.
You came down also on Mount Sinai, and spoke with them from heaven, and gave them just ordinances and true laws, good statutes and commandments. (Nehemiah 9:13)
Father, help us walk in the way of your righteous judgments. Restore to your people a desire for holiness of life. Thank you.
But they and our fathers acted proudly, hardened their necks, and did not heed your commandments. They refused to obey, and they were not mindful of your wonders that you did among them. But they hardened their necks, and in their rebellion they appointed a leader to return to their bondage. But you are God, ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, abundant in kindness, and did not forsake them. (Nehemiah 9:16-17)
LORD, so many dioceses in the Episcopal Church have hardened their hearts and appointed leaders to bring them back into bondage to sin. You are gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in kindness; do not forsake your people. Guide us in this diocese by your Holy Spirit so that we walk in your ways.
You also gave your good Spirit to instruct them, and did not withhold your manna from their mouth, and gave them water for their thirst. (Nehemiah 9:20)
Give us your good Spirit to instruct us, Father, and provide your manna and living water to quench our thirst. Thank you.
Restore us, O LORD God of hosts; cause your face to shine, and we shall be saved! (Psalm 80:19)
Monday: 80 * 77, ; Neh. 9:1-15(16-25); Rev. 18:1-8; Matt. 15:1-20
Tuesday: 78:1-39 * 78:40-72; Neh. 9:26-38; Rev. 18:9-20; Matt. 15:21-28
Notes from the Front Line
Daily: For our Bishop and for the Lord to raise up apostolic priests
November 11 Bishop William Love and for all veterans The Rev’d Michael Jones
***** St. Ann's Church (37 Division Street, Amsterdam) will celebrate our monthly Healing Eucharist on the 3nd Saturday of the month at 6pm, November 16. This service will begin with contemporary praise and worship music, Eucharist will be celebrated, and prayer will be offered for those in need of healing or any other needs.
***** From: Shaw Mudge
Subject: Mudge Mission Prayer Mail, for 11 November 2013
Dear partners in prayer, This is our weekly public prayer mail. This week's selective overview:
1) Happy Veterans Day to all our veterans.
2) The entire ordination process in Belize has moved forward at long last. For many people in the United States this announcement might solicit a yawn, but for the Diocese of Belize, this was really good news. In part, this happened because of my new responsibilities as a kind of catalyst, and at the same time my role is part of a much larger team effort. A lot of hard work by many people made it happen.
3) The online program continues moving ahead, helping people prepare for lay vocations and clerical ministries.
1) Pray for the upcoming visits to Belize: 1st week in Advent, end of January visit, 1 week in Lent. Pray for the monthly Skype meetings with people in the ordination process. Please pray for my role as Examining Chaplain for people in the ordination process, and the ordination process itself, that the Holy Spirit would accomplish in Belize what he would like done there.
2) I am also praying about an upcoming visit to Tanzania. Your prayers about timing and content of that visit would be appreciated.
3) Continuing prayer in good times and lean times for the online program: faculty, family, finances, plans, students, and courses.
4) Prayer for parish visits in November, as well as opportunities in December and into 2014. I have been asked to make a short presentation at the Diocese of Connecticut mission day in March.
In Christ, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+ Disciples Making Disciples.
Videos: type "shepherd110" in YouTube
Newsletters and prayermail: http://MudgeMissionReport.blogspot.com/
Mission contributions: https://secure-q.net/Donations/SAMS/3397
Ongoing work: https://sites.google.com/site/onlineanglicancampus/home