This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, November 14, 2013

 

11/14/2013, #40, 4th Quarter 2013

Now when his disciples had come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread. Then Jesus said to them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees." And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "It is because we have taken no bread." But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, "O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread? Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up? Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up? How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?--but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees." Then they understood that he did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees. (Matthew 16:5-12)
      Holy Spirit, please help us remember all the wondrous things we have seen Jesus do in our lives. Thank you.

      Father, you have watched over us and provided for us through your son Jesus. Thank you.

      Jesus, please help us by your Holy Spirit to recognize and beware of the teaching and doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees of our generation. Thank you.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (Psalm 23:1)
      LORD, shepherd ___n___ and provide for him/her .

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still waters. (Psalm 23:2)
      Jesus, lead ___n___ into a quiet time of green pastures and still waters.

He restores my soul; he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (Psalm 23:3)
      For the sake of your name, Jesus, restore the soul of ___n___ and lead him/her in paths of righteousness.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
      Lord, ___n___ has walked through the valley of the shadowof death for many years; set him/her free from fear of all evil and help him/her know that you are with and will guide him/her .

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. (Psalm 23:5)
      Jesus, help ___n___ taste and see that you are good. Help him/her sit down day by day at your banquet table.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Psalm 23:6)
      Jesus, come between ___n___ and all the wounds of his/her past. Help him/her know your goodness and mercy are following him/her all the days of his/her life.

A prayer received: Open my heart; open my ears.

A word received: I Am your shepherd and I AM carrying you.

Thursday: [83] or 23,27 * 85, 86; 1 Macc. 1:1-28 or Joel 2:21-27; Rev. 19:1-10; Matt. 16:1-12
Friday: 88 * 91, 92; 1 Macc. 1:41-63 or Joel 2:28-3:8; Rev. 19:11-16; Matt. 16:13-20

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for the Lord to raise up apostolic priests
November 14 Thanksgiving for the Holy Scriptures

***** St. Ann's Church (37 Division Street, Amsterdam) will celebrate our monthly Healing Eucharist on the 3nd Saturday of the month at 6pm, November 16. This service will begin with contemporary praise and worship music, Eucharist will be celebrated, and prayer will be offered for those in need of healing or any other needs.

***** This Friday, November 15 at 7pm, at St. Michael's, Colonie, we will celebrate our monthly Prayer and Praise Worship with Communion. Prayer ministers are standing by to offer prayer. Contemporary Praise and Worship music will be provided. This is a relaxed service, yet designed to rekindle a Passion for our Lord! Mtr. Lorrie Hart wil preach.

***** Cathedral prayer table report 11-13-13. Very Cold - Dcn Plakse, Barb Irwin, Jana Lingo

Sue - Peter, Daphne, Dean Collum, People of Philippines and Egypt

Jana - homeless with advent of cold weather

Paul - bishop ball, Dc Carpenter, Baileys, Dr. Horvath, & Family, Tripp and Family

Barb - Prayer from page 841 of 1979 "Thanksgiving for a child"

***** [Note from Torre: Jean is 83 today.]

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?