This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

 

11/27/2013, #52, 4th Quarter 2013

Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, (1 Peter 2:1)
      Holy Spirit, help me lay these aside so that your fruit can grow in my life.

as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, (1 Peter 2:2)
      Jesus, I desire to be fed and nourished by your word.

if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious. (1 Peter 2:3)
      Jesus, thank you for being so gracious to us.

Coming to him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, (1 Peter 2:4)
      Lord Jesus, I come to you; use me wherever you want in building up your church.

you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 2:5)
      Father, I ask that our sacrifices will be acceptable to you through your son Jesus Christ.

Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes on him will by no means be put to shame." (1 Peter 2:6)
      Lord, I believe; help my unbelief.

Therefore, to you who believe, he is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone," and "A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. (1 Peter 2:7-8 )
      Jesus, you know all the places and times that I have stumbled. Help me leave behind disobedience and help me walk in your footsteps.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, his own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light; (1 Peter 2:9)
      Your light, Jesus, shines forth in the surrounding darkness. Help me daily proclaim your praises and live in holiness.

who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. (1 Peter 2:10)
      Father, thank you for adopting me as your child and making me a part of your people.

A word received: Open the door of your heart. I want to come in.

Wednesday: 119:145-176 * 128, 129, 130; Obadiah 15-21; 1 Pet. 2:1-10; Matt. 19:23-30
Thursday: 131, 132, [133] * 134, 135; Zeph. 3:1-13; 1 Pet. 2:11-25; Matt. 20:1-16
Thanksgiving Day: 65 or 65:9-14; Deuteronomy 8:1-3,6-10(17-20); James 1:17-18,21-27; Matthew 6:25-33

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for the Lord to raise up apostolic priests
November 27 For the Standing Committee, Diocesan Council, and Trustees
The Rev’d Bradley Jones, The Rev’d Congreve Quinby

***** If you whine or a complain,
I have two words for you, "STOP IT"
Biblical back up: Job 9:27
"If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile.'"
That was easy...
Fr. Nigel Mumford+

***** Christ Church Coxsackie is hosting an evening of revival at the church, 70 Mansion St., Coxsackie, NY, 12051, 7pm, Friday, 12/13. There will be worship, encouraging message and healing prayer, seeking God as we are led by the Lord. The message will be given by Jennifer Greenhall of Ascended Life Ministries All are welcome. Bring an unsaved friend. God is EXCELLENT, for all eternity! Gary Roosa

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?