Sunday, December 29, 2013
12/29/2013, #77, 4th Quarter 2013
Holy Spirit, help us in our day to bear true witness to the light of Jesus. Help us to be living gospels that shine forth with Jesus' light. Thank you.
Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." (Genesis 1:28 )
Father, your first words to man were that we should "Be fruitful". You also told us that children are desirable and that there was work for us to do. Help us to live fruitful, productive lives for you.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. (Galatians 5:22-26)
Jesus, please help us walk humbly in the Spirit and bear the fruit of the Spirit in our lives. Thank you.
A word received: Rejoice in me.
First Sunday after Christmas: 147 or 147:13-21; Isaiah 61:10—62:3; Galatians 3:23-25; 4:4-7; John 1:1-18
First Sunday after Christmas: 93, 96 * 34; 1 Samuel 1:1-2,7b-28: Col. 1:9-20: Luke 2:22-40
Dec. 30 20, 21:1-7(8-14) * 23, 27; 1 Kings 17:17-24: 3 John 1-15: John 4:46-54
Notes from the Front Line
Daily: For our Bishop and for Christ the King Spiritual Life Center
December 29 The Rev’d Dr. Gary Kriss
***** From: Jeanne Gizara
Subject: Mudge Missionary Prayer Mail, for 31 December 2013
Dear partners in prayer, this week's selective overview:
1) Merry Christmas season, and have a Happy New Year!
2) It has been a busy week preparing for the New Year. Faculty are being lined up. Trip itineraries are in the works. There is a possibility of making a connection with one of the theological seminaries in the Caribbean. There are ordinations in the works. We have a good year coming up.
3) Details of the next trip to Belize are beginning to take shape.
1) There are important meetings coming up in the first week of January. And, I plan to make reservations for the upcoming trip in March that week, as well. Special prayer requested, for each of these.
2) Pray for continued blessing for everyone involved with the ministry and mission work. Prayer for course development work would be appreciated.
3) Continue to pray for upcoming visits for Belize in January, March, May, and October, for an increased awareness of our mission work, and for parish visits in the U.S. across 2014.
4) Continue to pray in good times and lean times during the Christmas season, that the Holy Spirit would guide and supply the needs of: faculty, family, finances, plans, programs, diocesan plans, and parish visits.
In Christ, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+