This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

 

12/31/2013, #79, 4th Quarter 2013

"It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24)
      Jesus, thank you for hearing me.

O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; you understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it. (Psalm 139:1-6)
      Thank you, Father, that I am in your hands. You know me through and through; you know all my sins of thought, word, and deed, and yet you love me enough to send your son Jesus to die for me, and you fill and refill me with your Holy Spirit. Thank you.

Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be made well?" (John 5:5-6)
      Jesus, I too want to be made well. I want to see your healing power manifested all around me.

The sick man answered him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me." Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath. (John 5:7-9)
      Lord, speak your word and I shall be made well. Speak you word and those around me shall be made well. Speak your word and this diocese will be a well-watered garden of delight and healing. Thank you.

Dec. 31      46, 48 * --; 1 Kings 3:5-14: James 4:13-17;5:7-11: John 5:1-15
Eve of Holy Name: --: * 90; Isa. 65:15b-25: Rev. 21:1-6
Holy Name: 103 * 148; Isa. 62:1-5,10-12: Rev. 19:11-16: Matt. 1:18-25
Holy Name January 1: 8; Exodus 34:1-8; Romans 1:1-7 or Philippians 2:9-13; Luke 2:15-21

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for Christ the King Spiritual Life Center
December 31 Thanksgivings for the blessings of 2013

***** ST. ANN'S OF AMSTERDAM (Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013; 11-12 noon in our Parish Hall during monthly Community Meal. Anne DeGroff and Deacon Alan Hart presiding at His table.)

SUE -- Received prayers for her father and sister, who both are seriously ill.

DAVID -- Asked for prayers for the safety of children from predators.

------------
(Monday, Dec. 30, 2013; 9:45 -- 10:30 a.m. in front of our church on Division Street. Very raw, windy and brutally cold day after a mixed precipitation storm last night froze solid and turned the streets, sidewalks and parking lots of Amsterdam into a three-inch cake of dangerous ice. The meal usually served at the Masonic Temple across the street was not open today (probably because of the awful weather) so many people who came turned to us for the free non-perishable food we offer at the table now. Some also took winter clothes, which we also offer those who come for prayer. Did not anoint anyone with Holy Oil or give out any wooden crosses today.

OLDER MAN (No name given) -- Received prayer for safety and took some gloves and a hat and socks.

ANGEL (young man) -- Gratefully took food and clothing for his young family. He filled a generous bag with things like pasta, sauce, mac and cheese and soup and said "Thank you so much. Now we can eat today ... after all!" We prayed for the safety and preservation of his family.

DAVE -- Asked for prayer for the coming year to be better financially for him than this one was. Took food and clothing items for friends in need.

NANCY --- This woman comes every Monday and takes all the food items she can carry in her cloth grocery bag. (We don't mind how much people take.) She told me a few weeks ago that St. Ann's " ... gets (her) through the week with your food" and she is very grateful. We prayed for her to be safe and to not be afraid.

DONNA -- During the hot summer months, this young woman would always run down the street and wave and say "God bless you!" as she ran past. One day, she finally stopped and said hello and asked why we were out on the sidewalk. When we told her it was to offer prayers for needs for yourself or someone else or for a thanksgiving, she got prayer and has come ever since. Today she, too, was in need of food for her family to get through a tough time. We are so glad we are able to help people in need, and there is, unfortunately, much need in downtown Amsterdam.

***** What a great way to spend the last Day of 2013...

Come to the Ecumenical Healing Service at CtK, held every Tuesday, 10 a.m. to noon, followed by a delicious buffet lunch in the Welcome Center.

December 31: The Right Rev. Daniel Herzog, VIII Bishop of Albany
Dec 31 marks the final 2013 Healing Service at Christ the King. Bishop Dan Herzog will speak on "New Years" as an opportunity to reset our hopes, allow the Lord to heal the past, and welcome a fresh indwelling of the Holy Spirit. This 10 a.m. New Year's Eve service includes receiving the Eucharist, the Lord's own Body and Blood as the source of our strength.
Anointing for healing, and for our individual calling will follow Holy Communion. Individual ministry will be available. Bp Dan suggests bringing a friend to share in this experience of grace. He is the retired Bishop of Albany, and presently directs the Ministry of Healing and Spiritual Formation at Christ the King.

Save the Date -Speakers Coming in January 2014

1/7 The Right Rev. Daniel Herzog, VIII Bishop of Albany Director of Healing Ministry and Spiritual Formation at CtK

1/14 The Rev. Nancy Goff, Deacon at Church of the Messiah and Chaplain at Glens Falls Hospital

1/21 The Very Rev. John Thompson, Church of St. John in the Wilderness, Copake Falls, NY

1/28 The Rev. Katherine Alonge- Coons, Grace Church, Waterford, NY

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?