Sunday, December 08, 2013
12/8/2013, #61, 4th Quarter 2013
Lord, I look to the future with hope -- to the day of your coming again in great glory and triumph when you will utterly defeat the evil one and all his works.
Holy Spirit, I ask for your patience and comfort as I await the day of Jesus' return and fulfillment of our hope.
Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, (Romans 15:5)
Father, please help us patience with one another with the same patience Jesus shows us. Help us comfort one another and be like-minded toward one another with Jesus' love.
that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 15:6)
Jesus, help us by our words and deeds to bring glory to our God and Father.
Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. (Romans 15:7)
Jesus, help us receive all those you send us as you have received us to the glory of God.
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
Amen. Come soon, Lord Jesus; come soon. Thank you.
A word received: Praise me.
A word received: You are in my care.
Sunday: 148, 149, 150 * 114, 115; Amos 6:1-14: 1 Thess. 5:1-12: Luke 1:57-68
Second Sunday of Advent: 72 or 72:1-8; Isaiah 11:1-10; Romans 15:4-13; Matthew 3:1-12
Monday: 25 * 9, 15; Amos 7:1-9: Rev. 1:1-8: Matt. 22:23-33
Notes from the Front Line
Daily: For our Bishop and for Christ the King Spiritual Life Center
December 8 The Very Rev’d Marshall Vang, The Rev’d Paul Hartt
***** From: Shaw Mudge
Sent: Sunday, December 8, 2013
Subject: Mudge Missionary Prayer Mail, for 9 December 2013
Dear partners in prayer, This week's selective overview:
1) The trip to Belize was awesome. Words can not really describe it, and thank you for praying. Bishop Philip and I led a retreat for the Diocesan Clergy and then, we led a retreat for the Diocesan staff. The retreats were designed to help the diocese to move forward and make the necessary changes needed, according to God's vision for the Diocese.
2) The reading that I prepared for Trinity School for Ministry's Advent Devotional (December 3) has been well received by people nearby and by missionaries overseas.
3) I kept track of the number of people using our public Internet theological Web site this week (Google site, including library of theologically related links). Over the first 5 days that I kept track, there were 17 individual users and about 63 hits from those users, accessing the Web site around the world. It was the first time that I kept track.
1) Pray for upcoming visits to Belize in January, March, May, and October, as well as the monthly vocational meetings and other matters as they arise.
2) Pray for wisdom as we move forward as a diocesan team, attempting to implement Bishop Philip's vision for change in the Diocese of Belize. Pray that people would continue to be inspired by the retreats that were held is week, and motivated to follow and support what the Holy Spirit is doing.
3) Please pray for my role as Examining Chaplain for people in the ordination process and the ordination process itself, that the Holy Trinity would accomplish what He would like done. Pray that we would be alert to spotting people whom the Holy Spirit would consider appropriate candidates for ordained ministry in the Diocese of Belize.
4) Continuing prayer in good times and lean times, that the Holy Spirit would guide: faculty, family, finances, plans, programs, and dioceses.
5) Pray for additional upcoming parish visits in the U.S. and for the mission day presentations in March.
In Christ, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+