This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, January 16, 2014

 

1/16/2014, #16, 1st Quarter 2014

The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and he found Philip and said to him, "Follow me." Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. (John 1:43-44)
      Jesus, help us follow you whenever and wherever you bid us to come.

Philip found Nathanael and said to him, "We have found him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote--Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph." And Nathanael said to him, "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" Philip said to him, "Come and see." (John 1:45-46)
      Lord, I sometimes wonder if anything good can come out of Schenectady. Please give me the faith of Philip so that I may see you as you are.

Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him, and said of him, "Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!" (John 1:47)
      Holy Spirit, set me from guile and deceit.

Nathanael said to him, "How do you know me?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you." Nathanael answered and said to him, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!" (John 1:48-49)
      Jesus, thank you for knowing me even before I knew you. Help me by your Holy Spirit to respond as Nathaniel did.

Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these." And he said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man." (John 1:50-51)
      Father, I too want to glimpse the glory of your son and your holy angels. Let every parish in this diocese become a new Peniel (see Genesis 32:30). Give us hearts like Jacob's to seek your face and your blessing.

For you will light my lamp; the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. (Psalm 18:28 )
      LORD God, please give me your light to see by.

For by you I can run against a troop, by my God I can leap over a wall. (Psalm 18:29)
      Father, please help me leap ove those walls that separate me from you.

A word received: My name is holy. My name has power. Turn to me; call upon my name.

(Blessing adapted from the Anglican Christian community in Ceylon, Pakistan, and India:)
      May the Name of Jesus, the Son of God, who is mightier than all the hosts of Satan, and more glorious than all the angels of heaven, abide with us in our going out and our coming in; by day and by night; at morning and at evening; at all times and in all places.
      May the Name of Jesus, the Son of God, protect and deliver us from the wrath of evil persons; from the assaults of evil spirits; from foes invisible; from the snares of the Evil One; and from all low passions that beguile the soul and body.
      May the Name of Jesus protect and deliver us.
      And the blessing of God Almighty, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit be with us this day and always. Amen.

Thursday: 18:1-20 * 18:21-50; Gen. 4:17-26: Heb. 3:1-11: John 1:43-51
Friday: 16, 17 * 22; Gen. 6:1-8: Heb. 3:12-19: John 2:1-12

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for growth in every parish
JANUARY 16 For the Alpha, Cursillo, and Disciples Courses in the Diocese

***** Retreat Opportunity: Christ in the Psalms Silent Retreat at St. Mary's
From February 14th - 16th, 2014, retreat from the hustle and bustle of the world and find peace and rest in silence at The Community of St. Mary Convent in Greenwich, NY. Join Mother Miriam as she leads you through the Psalms, highlighting the prophetic words about Christ found there. The weekend begins with Vespers on Friday and ends with dinner on Sunday, after 1PM. The cost is $138 for those staying overnight, $75 for commuters (meals and program only - no overnight accommodations). If you would like to attend, please e-mail Mother Mirian by clicking http://www.albanyepiscopaldiocese.org/contact/cform.php?mmiriam

***** Healing Center: Healing Service at Christ the King
The guest preacher at the Service of Healing at Christ the King Spiritual Life Center on Tuesday, January 21st will be The Rev. John Thompson, Rector at the Church of St. John in the Wilderness in Copake Falls. The Healing service begins at 10 a.m. Opportunity for individual prayer ministry occurs at the end of the service. Lunch is available for purchase in the dining room of the Welcome Center afterwards.

***** St. Ann's Church (37 Division Street, Amsterdam) will celebrate our monthly Healing Eucharist on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 6pm, January 18. This service will begin with contemporary praise and worship music, Eucharist will be celebrated, and prayer will be offered for those in need of healing or any other needs.

***** Prayer & Praise Worship Service: Friday, January 17th, 2014 at 7 PM
      Please join us at St. Michael's in Colonie this Friday, January 17th, 2014 for our monthly Worship service. Father Frank Lockwood will preach, and will lead prayer for the sick and the suffering. Please come and bring a friend! We will end with Eucharist. www.stmichaelscolonie.org Find us on Facebook

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?