This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, February 01, 2014

 

2/1/2014, #27, 1st Quarter 2014

"A little while, and you will not see me; and again a little while, and you will see me, because I go to the Father." Then some of his disciples said among themselves, Now when evening came, his disciples went down to the sea, got into the boat, and went over the sea toward Capernaum. And it was already dark, and Jesus had not come to them. Then the sea arose because a great wind was blowing. So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid. But he said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." (John 6:16-20)
      Jesus, I offer you my fears.

Then they willingly received him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going. (John 6:26-27)
      Jesus, please help me willingly receive you into all parts of my life.

Jesus answered them and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set his seal on him." (John 6:26-27)
      Holy Spirit, so much of my labor and concern seems to be for secondary stuff. Guide me so that I labor for things eternal -- for things which advance the kingdom of God. Thank you.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:31)
      Father, I know this is true, but with David I would rather fall into your hands than into the hands of men, for I know that with you there is mercy and grace and redemption (see 2 Samuel 24:14).

And the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?' Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." (Genesis 18:13-14)
      LORD, nothing is too difficult for you. I place my life and my future in your hands and trust that you will carry me through to victory. Thank you.

In the day when I cried out, you answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul. (Psalm 138:3)
      Father, Son and Holy Spirit, thank you for hearing my cry to you and for giving me strength in my soul. Thank you for the boldness that you have given to me.

A word received: Give your anxieties to me and receive my peace.

Saturday: 55 * 138, 139:1-17(18-23); Gen. 18:1-16: Heb. 10:26-39: John 6:16-27
Sunday: 24, 29 * 8, 84; Gen. 18:16-33: Gal. 5:13-25: Mark 8:22-30
Fourth Sunday after Epiphany: 37:1-18 or 37:1-6; Micah 6:1-8; 1 Corinthians 1:(18-25)26-31; Matthew 5:1-12

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for increase in disciples and Lay Leaders
FEBRUARY 1 Bishop William Love

***** Please pray for the prayer table ministry so that when people give their lives to Jesus we will know how to lead them into further instruction, and where appropriate, to baptism.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?