This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, February 13, 2014

 

2/13/2014, #37, 1st Quarter 2014

Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father taught me, I speak these things. (John 8:28 )
      Father, please teach us as well so that we can speak your word. Thank you.

And he who sent me is with me. The Father has not left me alone, for I always do those things that please him." (John 8:29)
      Father, please flood us with your Holy Spirit so we can do those things which please you as Jesus did.

As he spoke these words, many believed in him. (John 8:30)
      Jesus, please help us speak your words so that many will believe in you.

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32)
      Holy Spirit, help us abide in Jesus' words so that we may enter into the freedom he has for us.

They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can you say, 'You will be made free'?" (John 8:33)
      Jesus, I acknowledge before you that I have been in bondage to sin. Thank you for the work you are doing me to set me free.

Let love be without hypocrisy. (Romans 12:9a)
      Holy Spirit, set me free from hypocrisy.

Abhor what is evil. (Romans 12:9b)
      Jesus, help me truly hate every evil temptation.

Cling to what is good. (Romans 12:9c)
      Father, help me cling to Jesus. Thank you.

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; (Romans 12:10)
      Jesus, please help me show forth your love and affection.

not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; (Romans 12:11)
      Holy Spirit, help me to be diligent in serving Jesus and those he puts in my parth. Help me show forth brotherly love and honor to all he sends me.

rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; (Romans 12:12)
      Jesus, daily help me rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation and steadfast in prayer.

distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. (Romans 12:13)
      Father, help me with love distribute to the needs of the saints and welcome them into my home.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. (Romans 12:14)
      Thank you for those who have done ill to me -- I bless them. For through them I learned your faithfulness, Jesus.

Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. (Romans 12:15)
      Jesus, help me join in the joys and sorrows of others as you did.

Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. (Romans 12:16)
      Father, please help me set aside worldly works and have Jesus' mind toward others. Thank you.

A word received: I want to renew your minds.

Thursday: [83] or 146, 147 * 85, 86; Gen. 27:30-45: Rom. 12:9-21: John 8:21-32
Friday: 88 * 91, 92; Gen. 27:46-28:4,10-22: Rom. 13:1-14: John 8:33-47

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for increase in disciples and Lay Leaders
FEBRUARY 13 Diocesan Commissions and Committees

***** St. Ann's Church (37 Division Street, Amsterdam) will celebrate our monthly Healing Eucharist on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 6pm, February 15. This service will begin with contemporary praise and worship music, Eucharist will be celebrated, and prayer will be offered for those in need of healing or any other needs. Childcare is available during the service.

***** Christ Church Coxsackie is hosting an evening of revival at the church, 70 Mansion St., Coxsackie, NY, 12051, 7pm, Friday, February 14. Usually there is worship, encouraging message and healing prayer, seeking God as we are led by the Lord. The message will be given by Luke Hendrickson of Christ Church. All are welcome. Bring your lover AND an unsaved friend. God is EXCELLENT, for all eternity!

***** Cathedral prayer table, 2/12/14 - bitter Cold so we are inside, Dcn Sue Plaske, Hida Hardy, Jana Lingo

Sue - for daughter Laura- ear infection and success in school.

Paul - Bishop Ball, deacon Alan Carpenter, Fr. Mc Quade, Tripp, Ryan, Tyler, and Jesse

Fr. Paul Hunter - maybe I'll stop by.

***** Healing Service Guest Speaker: Rev. Sandy Tatem
      The guest preacher at the Service of Healing at Christ the King Spiritual Life Center on Tuesday, February 18th will be the Rev. Sandy Tatem, Deacon at St. John's Church in Troy. Deacon Sandy serves as the chaplain to the Daughters of the Holy Spirit and Daughters of the King chapter there, along with being President of the Altar Guild and The Shop on First Street, a used household goods and clothing shop located in the Parish Hall of St. John's. Deacon Sandy was instrumental in bringing a healing ministry to St. John's and serves at the two weekly healing services there. Deacon Sandy's remarks are entitled, Hurt People! Hurt People! The Healing service begins at 10 a.m. Opportunity for individual prayer ministry occurs at the end of the service. Lunch is available for purchase in the dining room of the Welcome Center afterwards.

***** More from Peru from Fr. Tyler Slade
      Hello dear family in Jesus,
      I'm back! What a trip! An adventure on every front, physically, mentally and emotionally, spiritually. I am so blessed, and I pray there were folks in Peru who were blessed as well. This trip was such a timely blessing from Jesus for me, and although we ministered in half a dozen cities all over Central Peru and were in the car for 6 or more hours every other day, in a strange way it was like a retreat in that I got to step out of my life as a father, husband and pastor, and seek Jesus' face and will for the next steps of life and ministry in upstate NY.
      There is so much that I could share, but let me just share this story as I believe it represents the main thrust of what our Lord was trying to teach me in Peru. This past Sunday we worshiped in a little town called San Juan Baptista (St. John the Baptist). We were at a sweet little church right on the town square made of cement, a bamboo roof, and a few wholehearted followers of Jesus. This church has been having trouble with their neighbors who have made a point of having a wild, raging party every Sunday evening while church is going on. Somehow, these impoverished people managed to scrape up enough money to buy a sound system that would revival any nightclub in downtown Manhattan (no exaggeration... their speakers were as tall as me, and the music they were playing was so loud it was like holding Eucharist in a major nightclub). The people were so loud that between songs the screaming and hollering sounded almost frantic. There was clearly a spiritual element to this 'party' as they were actively trying to distract and detract from the worship taking place next door. So, things were distracting, to say the least. To make matters worse, I was asked to celebrate communion...in Spanish. That is like asking a 3 year old to read the encyclopedia to college professors. It wasn't pretty. In fact, humanly speaking I felt embarrassed the whole time I was reading the consecration prayer because I knew I was massacring the text and I could feel the people cringing even though they were mercifully smiling at me because they knew I was doing my best. Anyway, I mention all that to make it evident that what followed had NOTHING to do with my power and everything to do with Jesus' power. Once the elements were consecrated I received the body and blood, and with Jesus as my witness, the moment that the priest who was assisting me and I received Jesus the music cut out instantly and the people who had been hooping and hollering suddenly went silent. And we didn't hear a peep out of them for the rest of the service. It was a miracle and a demonstration of God's power to bring peace to the chaos that the world and the enemy were throwing our way in that moment. It reminded me of the account in Revelation about how once the end comes the enemy is put away instantly and eternally by a Word from Jesus' mouth. Mtr. Christina (who came on the mission with me) pointed out the next morning that it was when we received Jesus by faith that He silenced the attack and brought the peace and power of heaven. This was such a powerful lesson to me that it is not by my might, nor by my power, but by the Spirit of the Jesus that we win against our foes in this world, and that when I am weak, He is strong. Our salvation is in the name of the Lord, and He will do the things that He has promised that we are unable to do, as we humble ourselves and receive Him into our hearts and lives by faith.
      Thanks you Jesus! And thank you to you all for praying for me and the folks I was with, and Bishop Mike and the folks in Peru. I hope I'll get to catch up with many of you soon and fill you in more on our trip!
      The coming two weekends I have retreats for youth here at CtK, so I'll try and write again with prayer requests for that. Thank you forever for your willingness to intercede for me and my family and this ministry!
      ty

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?