Monday, February 17, 2014
2/17/2014, #41, 1st Quarter 2014
And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. (1 John 1:4)
Father, please help us to receive your Scriptures so that we may enter into the joy you have prepared for us.
This is the message which we have heard from him and declare to you, that God is light and in him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5)
Jesus, help us daily share the good news with those who walk in darkness, that they can come into your light.
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. (1 John 1:6)
Holy Spirit, help us speak words of truth and walk in the light of Jesus.
But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)
Father, thank you for all those men and women who have come to the cleansing blood of Jesus and the light that comes from confessing their sins.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8 )
Holy Spirit, save us from self-deception.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
Jeus, thank you for making us clean. Thank you for all those young men who have to you at the prayer table and have been made clean by confessing their sins.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1 John 1:10)
Jesus, let your word of truth abide in us. Thank you for the young man on Saturday who walked up to the prayer table and said, "I have sins I need to confess." Help us daily by your Holy Spirit minister your love and the forgiveness of sins. Thank you.
A word received: Come into my arms with your griefs.
Monday: 89:1-18 * 89:19-52; Gen. 30:1-24: 1 John 1:1-10: John 9:1-17
Tuesday: 97, 99,  * 94, ; Gen. 31:1-24: 1 John 2:1-11: John 9:18-41
Notes from the Front Line
Daily: For our Bishop and for increase in disciples and Lay Leaders
FEBRUARY 17 St. Mark’s Church, Hoosick Falls – Lay Vicar John Hyde
***** Please pray for these people who have confessed their sins and given their lives to Jesus for the first time or have recommitted their lives to Jesus since January 1st, 2014:
***** Missionary Prayer Mail for February 18, 2014
Dear partners in prayer, This is a public prayermail. This week's selective overview:
1) Our Moodle course Web site has successfully upgraded to a new server, and the speed is really great. Thank you to Cn. Bill Schrull.
2) This week included providing insights for a theological seminary in the Caribbean, helping to start up its online program 3,000 miles from Belize.
3) Heard on Saturday that an educational online program that is going up in West Africa was inspired by my comments in a conversation a few months ago.
4) Did some vocational counseling.
5) Technical support for students and faculty, and course work. A new semester begins. A new version of our software was in place.
6) How are we doing, numbers-wise? a) Since the beginning of Advent, 96 individual people explored our Google Web links site (open to the public world-wide),12 new people in the past week: http://goo.gl/XXF0Ti. b) The Moodle password course site is up to 24 users, 5 new people in the past week.
7) Happy birthday to our daughter Ruth!
1) Julie and I are making presentations on different topics at the Diocese of Connecticut Mission Conference next week, as well as being the SAMS representatives there, with a display. Pray that all would be done to the glory of God.
2) Pray for plans under consideration. Julie and I sense the presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit through it all. Your prayers are very helpful.
3) Pray that our parish visitation schedule be His schedule.
4) Pray for my upcoming visit to Belize in March.
5) Pray that the Holy Spirit would guide and supply the needs of: faculty, family, finances, plans, programs, diocesan plans, and parish visits.
In Christ, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
***** From: Tyler Slade, Sunday, February 16, 2014
Just writing to request your prayers for the sonshine retreats. We are right in the middle of the middle school retreat (the kids are having a rest so I can write). I am praying for a greater desire for Jesus and His love to be awakened for these youth and for the courage and fortitude to trust in and pour out the love of Jesus as well for myself and the leaders. We finish this middle school retreat tomorrow in the late afternoon and then start up again on thurs thru sat with the high schoolers. We really need your prayers and I am very thankful for them. Jesus is calling His little ones to be awakened by love but there is a whole lot in their lives calling them away from that love. Please pray particularly for our worship tonight that The Lord would break thru and reveal the one who is worthy of all our devotion and praise!
Thank you so much! Love, Ty
***** From: Carol MacNaughton, Saturday, February 15, 2014
Subject: Justice For Orphans launches Love In Action campaign. Checkout the web link. There will be a special day on "Love in Action" - including a pastor's breakfast with a speaker from Possum Trot, Texas and an evening program for the pubic. http://justicefororphansny.org/love-in-action/ Sandra Flach, Justice For Orphans