This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, February 23, 2014

 

2/23/2014, #46, 1st Quarter 2014

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. (Matthew 5:38-397)
      Jesus, please help me to be willing to suffer for righteousness sake -- not my righteousness, but yours.

If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. (Matthew 5:40-41)
      Holy Spirit, please help me let go of the worldly stuff so that your purposes are served.

Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away. (Matthew 5:42)
      Father, soften my heart. Give me a heart of flesh instead of this heart of stone. Help me to respond to those in need.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, (Matthew 5:43-44)
      Jesus, please help me to forgive, even as you did. Help me let go of old wounds and hurts and the anger and resentment I feel towards those who have hurt me.

that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5:45)
      Father, help me to recognize the plank in my own eye so that I may love and have compassion on the evil as well as the good.

For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:46-48 )
      Holy Spirit, please help me to love with Jesus' love from the cross so that I may enter my Father's will and kingdom. Thank you.

And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them: 'You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy. (Leviticus 19:1-2)
      Father, I pray that every servant of yours throughout this diocese will preach your call to holiness of life this day. You are holy, please help me desire to be like you.

      Father, it has been said that man was created in your image and ever since man has been trying to return the favor. Help us repent of making gods in our own image and seek you the true and only God. Thank you.

'When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest. And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger: I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:9-10)
      
      Jesus, help us make provision for the poor among us.

      Then he said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. (Luke 10:2) Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." (Isaiah 6:8 ) Lord, I pray that you will send more laborers out into the harvest fields. Here am I, send me.

      Father, help me go into your harvest fields with Jesus' humility and meet and serve and provide for your little ones. Thank you.

A word received: Come to me, come into my presence and worship me.

Sunday: 118 * 145; Prov. 1:20-33: 2 Cor. 5:11-21 Mark 10:35-45
Seventh Sunday after Epiphany: 71 or 71:16-24; Leviticus 19:1-2,9-18; 1 Corinthians 3:10-11,16-23; Matthew 5:38-48
Monday: 106:1-18 * 106:19-48; Prov. 3:11-20: 1 John 3:18-4:6: John 11:17-29

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for increase in disciples and Lay Leaders
FEBRUARY 23 Canon Ray Donahue, The Rev’d Ted McConnell

***** Amazing & touching. http://www.fministry.com/
From Streams of the River, making glad the city of God
      Pope Francis speaks to Evangelicals, Pentecostals and Charismatics about Unity
      I was alerted to the following video by Bishop Greg Venables (Anglican Bishop of Argentina) on his Facebook page a few days ago. It was made during a 14th January meeting with the Rt Rev’d Anthony Palmer, a bishop and international ecumenical officer with the Independent Communion of Evangelical Episcopal Churches, a Charismatic denomination in the Anglican tradition.
      Pope Francis and Bishop Palmer Palmer knew each other well and worked together closely when the Pope was Archbishop of Buenos Aires. The video is unusual in part because it was made and released in such an informal manner. Pope Francis had invited Palmer to spend some time with him in the Vatican. When Palmer told him that he was about to go to the USA to speak at a Kenneth Copeland pentecostal and charismatic pastors and leaders conference it was Francis who suggested a video message be made and played at the conference. The Pope's message was recorded on Palmer's iPhone!
      This is so moving in its spontaneity. It really does make you wonder how in all conscience other churches (especially member churches of the Anglican Communion) can persist in creating significant new obstacles to Christian unity. Really, how CAN that be of God?

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?