This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, February 24, 2014

 

2/24/2014, #47, 1st Quarter 2014, St. Matthais Day

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. (John 15:1)
      Father, please prune me so that I may bear fruit for you.

      Jesus, please keep me grafted into you by your Holy Spirit.

If anyone does not abide in me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. (John 15:6)
      Jesus, there are so many withered branches in your church.

      Father, graft them back into the vine so that can receive new life in Jesus.

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7)
      Holy Spirit, please bring us to that steady abiding in Jesus whereby we pray according to his will.

By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be my disciples. (John 15:8 )
      Jesus, help us to be disciples who bear much fruit and bring glory to our Father in heaven.

"As the Father loved me, I also have loved you; abide in my love. (John 15:9)
      Jesus, help us abide in your love and learn to experience our Father's love more.

If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as i have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. (John 15:10)
      Jesus, help us keep your commandment to love one another and show forth your love and the love of your Father to one another.

These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. (John 15:11)
      Holy Spirit, bring us to that fulfillment of joy that you have for us.

This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (John 15:12)
      Jesus, please help us live out your commandment day by day.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. (John 15:13)
      Father, help us follow Jesus' example of laying down his life for his friends, for laying down his life for us.

You are my friends if you do whatever I command you. (John 15:14)
      Jesus, please help us come into that friendship that flows out of obedience to you.

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from my Father I have made known to you. (John 15:15)
      Thank you for calling us your friends, Jesus.

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16)
      Jesus, thank you for choosing me, along with Matthais and your other saints. Help me, like them, hold to the faith once for all delivered to the saints (see Jude 3). Thank you.

These things I command you, that you love one another. (John 15:17)
      Jesus, I am yours to command.

Monday: 106:1-18 * 106:19-48; Prov. 3:11-20: 1 John 3:18-4:6: John 11:17-29
Tuesday: [120], 121, 122, 123 * 124, 125, 126, [127]; Prov. 4:1-27: 1 John 4:7-21: John 11:30-44
St. Matthias February 24: 15; Acts 1:15-26; Philippians 3:13b-21; John 15:1,6-16

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for increase in disciples and Lay Leaders
FEBRUARY 24 Preparation for the Diocesan Convention (June 6-8 )

***** Jeanne Gizara, Friday, February 21, 2014, Mudge Scripture Prayer
Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13: 20-21)
      God of peace, You who sent your only Son to earth to die for our sins, but then brought him to life again, we ask that You equip Father Shaw Mudge with everything good that He may do your will as He provides theological education to the people of Belize. Work in him, Lord, that which is pleasing in your sight. Lord Jesus, shepherd of the sheep and the blood of the new covenant, through You and Your Holy Spirit, may Father Shaw have every blessing possible as He works for Your Kingdom. Jesus, to You be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
      We thank You Lord that the new computer server has been installed and is working well. We thank You that the numbers visiting Father Shaw’s websites are increasing. As a new semester begins, we pray for all of the students. And Lord, please be with Father Shaw and Mother Julie as they participate in the diocese of Connecticut’s mission conference this weekend. We ask all of this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?