This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, March 02, 2014

 

3/2/2014, #53, 1st Quarter 2014

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; and he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with him. Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear him!" (Matthew 17:1-5)
      Holy Father, please help us day by day find that quiet place where we can hear Jesus. Thank you.

And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. (Matthew 17:6)
      Holy Spirit, bring us to a reverent awe when we hear you speak to us.

But Jesus came and touched them and said, "Arise, and do not be afraid." (Matthew 17:7)
      Jesus, come and touch me and set me free from fear. Thank you.

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death, (Philippians 3:7-10)
      Jesus, help me properly value all things and be set free from covetousness so that I may know you, and be found in you, and be clothed with your righteousness. Thank you

if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:11-14)
      Holy Spirit, please help me daily press on for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Thank you.

A word received: Bring in the lambs who have wandered away.

From intercessor Tom Gibbons: As I was reading Psalm 115 today, I got this word. First it was Lord let me trust in You. It ended up, Lord I trust in You!

Sunday: 148, 149, 150 * 114, 115; Ecclus. 48:1-11: 2 Cor. 3:7-18: Luke 9:18-27
Last Sunday after Epiphany: 99; Exodus 24:12(13-14)15-18; Philippians 3:7-14; Matthew 17:1-9
Monday: 25 * 9, 15; Prov. 27:1-6, 10-12: Phil. 2:1-13: John 18:15-18,25-27

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for Holiness of life in every Episcopalian
MARCH 2 Christ Church, Cooperstown -The Rev’d Mark A. Michael, The Rev’d Paul Hunter, The Ven. Dr. Harvey Huth

***** St. Ann's, Amsterdam (37 Division Street) - invites you to join us for a Hymn Sing-Along, Saturday, March 8 at 6 pm, as we sing some of our favorite hymns. Come and join us in praising God in Song. Our evening will be led by Lisa Longe and Dcn. Alan Hart.

***** Prayers for healing for Fr Tyler and Audrey Slade of their third son, Elijah John Slade on his premature birth. He was three weeks early and having breathing problems.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?