This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, March 08, 2014

 

3/8/2014, #58, 1st Quarter 2014

But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. (Philippians 4:10)
      Thank you, Jesus, for all those who have picked us up and carried us through the years.

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: (Philippians 4:11)
      Holy Spirit, please help me learn to be content.

I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. (Philippians 4:12)
      Father, help me know and testify to your love and care in all the circumstances of my life.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
      Jesus, please strengthen me for today's challenges.

Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. (Philippians 4:14-16)
      LORD, help me share as the Philippians did.

Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. (Philippians 4:17)
      Father, help us learn the joy of giving alms -- of helping those who are destitute. Give us eyes and hearts to see them.

Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. (Philippians 4:18 )
      Holy Spirit, let your fruit grow and abound in my life as I give of myself to those in need.

And my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
      Father, thank you for your provison for us.

Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Philippians 4:20)
      Father, I pray that you will receive the glory for any good works I do.

Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet you. (Philippians 4:21)
      Thank you for the brethren who travelled with Paul; thank you for the those who have journeyed with me.

All the saints greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar's household. (Philippians 4:22)
      Holy Spirit, raise up saints who know Jesus in the President's and Governor's households.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Philippians 4:23)
      Lord Jesus Christ, I receive and thank you for your grace. Amen.

And I will not hide my face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out my Spirit on the house of Israel,' says the Lord GOD." (Ezekiel 39:29)
      LORD, pour out your Holy Spirit on the people of Israel once again.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? (Psalm 42:1-2)
      Jesus, please give your people such a thirst for you that they will be satisfied with nothing less than you. Let rivers of living water flow out of you to your people. Thank you for helping me praise you.

Then King David went in and sat before the LORD; and he said: "Who am I, O Lord GOD? And what is my family, that you have brought me this far? (2 Samuel 7:18 )
      Father, thank you for your grace and mercy in bringing me this far.

A word received: Seek me as you read my word.

Saturday: 30, 32 * 42, 43; Ezek. 39:21-29: Phil. 4:10-20: John 17:20-26
Sunday: 63:1-8(9-11), 98 * 103; Dan. 9:3-10: Heb. 2:10-18: John 12:44-50
First Sunday in Lent: 51 or 51:1-13; Genesis 2:4b-9,15-17,25—3:7; Romans 5:12-19(20-21); Matthew 4:1-11

      Notes from the Front Line

Daily: For our Bishop and for Holiness of life in every Episcopalian
MARCH 8 Cathedral Lock-in Youth Event (March 14-15)

Pray daily for vocations to the Sisters of St. Mary.

***** St. Ann's, Amsterdam (37 Division Street) - invites you to join us for a Hymn Sing-Along, Saturday, March 8 at 6 pm, as we sing some of our favorite hymns. Come and join us in praising God in Song. Our evening will be led by Lisa Longe and Dcn. Alan Hart.

***** Big Break '14 Report from Ethan DuBois. Palm trees, warm breeze and turquoise waves. [Ethan is with Cru -- Campus Crusade for Christ.]
      That's the forecast for the week here in Panama City Beach, FL. Thousands of college students are arriving from all over the country, and the world, for a crazy week of fun, partying and getting their tan on. However, there are some other students here for a different reason: to learn how to share their faith and have engaging spiritual conversations with others. Five students from Northeastern, three other Cru staff and I just arrived along with almost three hundred other students at Big Break, Cru's annual spring break conference. This is my fourth time down here (I went three times as a student), and each time I am challenged in new ways. What I love most about Big Break is the chance to take steps of faith together with students as they grow in their faith and learn how to have great spiritual conversations with other people. I believe God is in the business of drawing others into a relationship with Himself, and as a follower of Jesus, I have the privilege of being invited into that process!
      One of the things that has impacted me the most from my Big Break experience over the past few years has been the way we define success in sharing our faith. It's not about how many people we can share with, how many conversations we have, or how many people decide to follow Jesus after they hear His message. It is simply this: stepping out in faith and sharing the gospel with others, in the power of the Holy Spirit, and leaving the results up to God. I love this definition because it acknowledges that God is in control of the whole process, and it frees me to be humble and grateful that God allows me to be used as He reveals Himself to others.
      Thanks to your prayers and support, I get to be a part of the spiritual journeys of not only the Cru students here from Boston, but also the journeys of the thousands of other college students here that are looking for fulfillment in other things. I have the opportunity to present these students with an alternative to drugs, sex and alcohol - news that they can have a fulfilling, life-giving relationship with Jesus that will transform their lives in a way they never thought would be possible.
      I trust that I will have many stories of the ways God has worked and ways students have stepped out in faith by the end of my two weeks here, and I look forward to updating you on those! For now, would you pray:
      - for Matt, Drew, Stacy, Michelle and Bunmi, students from Northeastern that are here for Week 1 of Big Break, that they would come to a new understanding of what it means to share their faith, and why we want to be intentional about doing that
      - for safe travels of the Week 2 students from BU, Simmons, Wentworth and Bentley, arriving on Saturday, and for the Northeastern students as they head home that same day.
      - for myself and the other Cru staff here, that we would be energized, that we would be able to lead and challenge students well, and that we also would grow in our relationships with the Lord as we share with students.
      - for good weather! It may rain during the next few days, which would limit our opportunities to share with other students on the beach.
      - for the protection of all the staff and students here, as things can get crazy in this city, especially at night!
      Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. God Bless! Ethan DuBois

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?