This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

 

4/21/2014, #12, 2nd Quarter 2014

[Note: I will be off line for a couple of weeks. Torre]

This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. (Acts 2:32)
      Father, I pray that all those who have had a transforming encounter with Jesus will be witnesses to his resurrection.

I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not be moved. (Psalm 16:8 )
      Jesus, thank you for being the stability of my life.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope. (Psalm 16:9)
      Holy Spirit, you have filled me with hope -- hope which will not disappoint.

For you will not leave my soul in sheol, nor will you allow your holy one to see corruption. You will show me the path of life; in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:10-11)
      "I know that my redeemer lives, and he shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not as a stranger. How my heart yearns within me!" (Job 19:25-27)

A word received: Come to me; look to me; I will direct your path.
A word received: Keep your eyes on me and not on the difficulties you face.
A word received: Place you hope in me.

Holy Communion
Monday in Easter Week: 16:8-11 or 118:19-24; Acts 2:14-22b-32; Matthew 28:9-15
Tuesday in Easter Week: 33:18-22 or 118:19-24; Acts 2:36-41; John 20:11-18
Morning Prayer
Monday: 93, 98 * 66; Exod. 12:14-27: 1 Cor. 15:1-11: Mark 16:1-8
Tuesday: 103 * 111, 114; Exod. 12:28-39: 1 Cor. 15:12-28: Mark 16:9-20

      Notes from the Front Lines

APRIL Daily: For our Bishop and for every disciple to work toward tithing
19 Zion Church, Colton -The Rev’d Patricia LaVine
20 The Resurrection – For every Episcopalian to proclaim Jesus’ Resurrection
21 Church of the Messiah, Glens Falls – The Rev’d Nancy Goff, The Rev’d Gil DeLaura

***** Pray for vocations for the Sisters of St. Mary.

***** PRAYER TABLE REPORT ST. ANN's OF AMSTERDAM (Monday, April 21, 2014, 10-11 a.m.; in front of our church on Division Street. Cool but sunny. Beautiful day. We had many people come not only for prayer but for free non-perishable food, free crosses and -- for the first time -- free used but in-good-condition used children's clothing. Almost all of three huge plastic bags of clothing was given out as well as three large containers of food. Many, many people in our neighborhood are in great need of food and clothing. Muriel Papura and Deacon Alan Hart presiding at His table.)

a -- anointed with Holy Oil.
t -- accepted wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina.
f -- accepted free food items (no limit.) c -- accepted free children's clothing (no limit.)

f,c -- REBECCA -- Very sad situation. Her niece ZOEY, who was born last month, is not living with her mom anymore. God knows the details.

f -- STEVEN -- Accepted prayer for protection, good health.

JODDY -- She has become a regular each Monday. She didn't want prayer for herself this time but helped us pray for others for almost the remainder of the table.

a -- ETHEL -- This kindly older woman who delivers food to needy friends and relatives all over Amsterdam stopped for prayer for her balky left wrist which is hurting again. (It all stems from a fall during the winter on slippery sidewalk.)

f,c -- NANCY -- She got prayer for continued good health.

a,t,f -- ANDREW -- Most emotional moment of the hour. He was very sorrowful because of something he did, which he did not want to share with us. That's OK. God knows the details. We assured him that is he is sorry and seeks forgiveness that God has forgiven him and is with him.

t,t -- GIANELLIS -- Said "Sure!" when we asked if he wanted prayer. He did not want prayer for anything in particular, so we prayed for him to be safe and well and to draw nearer to Christ. He accepted crosses for himself and his girlfriend (no name.)

f -- MARSHALL -- This was a real breakthrough! Two weeks ago this man, who appears to have some mental issues, was cursing at us and making gestures from across the street as we closed down the table that day. Today? Today he walked calmly across the street, declined prayer but accepted some food from us and THANKED us for it!

t,f,c -- MARCIA -- This woman from Altamont came last week because she heard we offer free food, and at the time she expressed a need for clothing for her boy DANIEL and daughter FAITH. (They also were with their mom.) We said we would try to help her and to come back today. She came indeed and accepted the used but still-in-good-shape clothing which some of our church members so graciously got ready and brought to church for this family. We were so glad to be able to help this needy family get some food and clothing.

t,t,t,t, f, c -- JESSICA (Very young mom) with four little children (JOEY, JOCELYN, WAYLON and JACOB) -- She came by just as we were closing down the table. We prayed for their health and protection. This young family took most of the rest of the clothing we had to offer, and Mom was so appreciative to get it!

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?