Friday, April 04, 2014
4/4/2014, #1, 2nd Quarter 2014
Then he came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to him, and begged him to touch him. So he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. And when he had spit on his eyes and put his hands on him, he asked him if he saw anything. And he looked up and said, "I see men like trees, walking." Then he put his hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly. Then he sent him away to his house, saying, "Neither go into the town, nor tell anyone in the town." (Mark 8:22-26)
Jesus, I need that second touch from you so that I can see clearly. Please put your hands on my eyes again.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as he wills. (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
Holy Spirit, pour out your gifts among us so that the whole Body of Christ is built up.
The entrance of your words gives light (Psalm 119:130a)
Father, penetrate my heart and mind with your words so that I may have light to see by.
A word received: Come to me for my strength when you are weak.
When he had called the people to himself, with his disciples also, he said to them, "Whoever desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (Mark 8:34)
Jesus, my heart's desire is to follow you. Help me deny myself and daily take up my cross and follow you.
For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. (Mark 8:35)
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." An October 28, 1949 entry in the journal of Jim Elliot, martyr who entered into glory January 8, 1956, age 28, in an attempt to bring the gospel to the Waodani people of Ecuador.
Jesus, help me daily die to myself so that I can gain life eternal with you.
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? (Mark 8:36)
Thank you, Father, for providing our daily bread each day. Sometimes it has been tight, but there was always enough for that day.
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Mark 8:37)
Holy Spirit, please help me lay all my worldly desires at the foot of the cross.
For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." (Mark 8:38 )
Jesus, help me find my honor and glory by following close after you and living out your words.
And he said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power." (Mark 9:1)
Holy Spirit, help me to be a true subject of Jesus in his kingdom. Fill me anew today with your power to live out the gospel and proclaim the kingdom of God. Thank you.
A word received: Praise me.
Romans 8:28 A word received: I can make all things work together for good for those who love me.
Friday: 95* & 102 * 107:1-32; Exod. 2:1-22: 1 Cor. 12:27-13:3: Mark 9:2-13
Saturday: 107:33-43, 108:1-6(7-13) * 33; Exod. 2:23-3:15: 1 Cor. 13:1-13: Mark 9:14-29
Notes from the Front Lines
APRIL Daily: For our Bishop and for every disciple to work toward tithing
1 The Rev’d Dr. Nina George-Hacker, The Rev’d Patricia LaVine, The Rev’d Steven Scherck
2 Zion Church, Hudson Falls – The Rev’d Richard A. Chandler, Jr.
3 Bishop William Love The Rev’d Martin Wendell
4 The Commission on Ministry
***** Prayer Table
Trinity Church Watervliet
March 29, 2014
Prayed for protection and daily provision for all families living in the area
- Mary: Good health and her family
- Joe: Healing for brain cancer, finishing chemo treatments
- Diane and Gary:Assurance phone providers. Prayed for their families and that they would meet their quota of giving cell phones away. Later they came to our community dinner and ave away 6 phones.
- Nancy: Grand daughter Sheaque, gandchildren Giana, Giovani, unite their family
- Saul: Blessing for his family and fiance Areon.
- Nicole: Special Intentions
- Lady in Red Jacket from housing apartment and grocery shops every Saturday, Daily provisions and Blessings.
- Kent Daily Blessings, An advocate for Vets.
-Yvette: Price Chopper worker, Daily provision, Blessings
- Group of young boys (10-12) Protection, good decisions, Bring good role models into their lives.
- Rebecca and daughter: Daily provision and blessings
- Terrance and Shannon: House just burnt down, found a new home but need furniture, clothing, household items. Protection and daily provision.
St Francis Mission Prayer Table
Saturday March 29, 2014
Dr Janice Houston Little
It's finally getting warmer. Prayed for protection and daily provisions for people and families living in the area.
- Pam and George: prayed for a healthy pregnancy and a Baby Girl!! due in August. Gave Pam a Bible.
- Roger (homeless) very disturbed man, shouting and very angry. We started praying for him independently, after praying he came up to us very calmly and asked for prayer. Prayed for anxiety, protection and daily provision. We gave him a prayer card and he showed us a chain with Jesus on it. He remained calm until we left- Praise Jesus!! Please continue to pray for him.
- Mary Alice- protection for her family, financial provisions, she became very upset and cried.
- Frank: daily provision, anger, protection, ( a man who calls himself his friend is harassing him) we smelled alcohol
- Mike: for a job, family especially Uncle Billy who is in prison upstate.
- Doug: to make good choices, a job
- Julia: to move forward in her life.
Prayers for daily provisions for a young father walking his baby
- Rodney: wisdom and revelation
- Marty: Protection and daily provision.
- Gentleman in a gray suit, pray for daily provisions calmness.
- Nadia: family ,daily provision
- Mark: Upcoming court dates.
Ended with prayers for family and people entering lunch
***** Schenectady City Mission Prayer Table Report, Thursday, April 3, 2013, 5:10 - 6:10 p.m.. Torre and Jean Bissell from Christ Church Schenectady. This took place during the evening meal at the City Mission.
+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina
a--indicates anointed with Holy Water
199--"199 Promises of God", a small paperback with encouraging quotes from the Bible
Dan (staff) -- His cousin died of cancer. She died knowing Jesus.
Gary (staff) -- He asked prayers for his son who is going through some turmoil in his job. Gary is also experiencing some unsettledness in his job.
+++++ Janice (regular) -- She got crosses to give out to others.
Ted (volunteer) -- He and his granddaughter Camille when to the healing service and for soaking prayer at the Spiritual Life Center on Tuesday and were blessed by it.
+ a 199 Christa (woman) -- Very disturbed. She confessed her sins and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. We also prayed for deliverance for her.
Vicky (volunteer) -- We prayed for her son Calvin to come to know and accept Jesus into his life.
+ BJ (volunteer) -- He asked prayer for good health and for healthy relationships for the people there.
+ Christine (woman) -- She asked prayer that her children would be set free from addiction and that she would be able to complete her course in cosmetology. She also got a cross for her +daughter.