This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

 

8/27/2014, #14, 3rd Quarter 2014

[Dear Readers of Albany Intercessor,
      Sorry that I have been so flakey about getting out prayer notes for the last couple of months. I have had lots of problems with sciatic nerve pain in my right leg and it is often very painful to sit at the computer. I am still trying to recover my strength: I go to physical therapy twice a week. I am still unable to get my right knee (which was replaced) to go completely straight, so sometimes it buckles underneath me. Because of the pain of sitting at the computer, I am going to cut back on the "Notes from the Front Line" as they take a lot of time to process and edit. Please keep me in your prayers. Torre]

Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready." (John 7:6)
      Lord, there is a time and a season for everything under heaven. Please help me wait for your times and seasons. Thank you.

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. (John 6:63)
      Jesus, I need your words written on my heart. I need your Spirit, and I need to know your new life in me more and more.

Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?" But Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that you are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (John 6:67-69)
      Jesus, I too have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Help my unbelief. Thank you.

Now it came to pass, as Peter went through all parts of the country, that he also came down to the saints who dwelt in Lydda. There he found a certain man named Aeneas, who had been bedridden eight years and was paralyzed. And Peter said to him, "Aeneas, Jesus the Christ heals you. Arise and make your bed." Then he arose immediately. (Acts 9:32-34)
      Holy Spirit, please help us set the paralyzed free to walk again so that many will come to know that Jesus is the Son of Man and has the power to forgive sins and make people whole and well again.

If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do? (Psalm 11:3)
      LORD, what are we to do when things fall apart? You are in your holy temple: hear and rescue us. Thank you.

WORD: I have called you. Answer my call.
WORD: You are in my care; don't be afraid.

Daily Lectionary
Wednesday: 119:1-24 * 12, 13, 14; Job 6:1,7:1-21: Acts 10:1-16: John 7:1-13
Thursday: 18:1-20 * 18:21-50; Job 6:1,7:1-21: Acts 10:17-33: John 7:14-36

      Notes from the Front Lines

Daily: For our Bishop and for cultivation of daily prayer in every disciple
AUGUST 27 All Soul’s Church, St. Hubert’s, The Rev’d Cn Robert Limpert, The Rev’d John Kettlewell

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?