This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, September 20, 2014

 

9/20/2014, #25, 3rd Quarter 2014

Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him when he saw that the city was given over to idols. (Acts 17:16)
      Holy Spirit, help us to be provoked in our spirits as Paul was when we confront the idolatries of our day in our own communities.

Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious;" (Acts 17:22)
      LORD, please help us understand that being "very religious" doesn't help us if the object of our worship is anything other than you.

"for in Him we live and move and have our being," (Acts 17:28a)
      Jesus, please help us live and move and have our being in you.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (Psalm 23:1)
      LORD, shepherd me so that I shall not be in want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still waters. (Psalm 23:2)
      Jesus, bring to places of quietness and rest.

He restores my soul; he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (Psalm 23:3)
      Holy Spirit, restore my soul and lead me into your paths of righteousness for the sake of the name of Jesus.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
      Jesus, thank you that I can live and die in the hope of the resurrection. Thank you for guiding me and comforting me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. (Psalm 23:5)
      Lord, over and over again you have provided for me and my family when I am troubled by others. Thank you.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever. (Psalm 23:6)
      Thank you, Jesus, for your goodness and mercy. Help me dwell in your presence all the days of my life.

Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psalm 27:14)
      LORD, I wait on you, strengthen my heart. Thank you.

WORD: Come into my arms.

Daily Lectionary
Saturday: 75, 76 * 23, 27; Esther 2:5-8,15-23*: Acts 17:16-34: John 12:44-50
Sunday: 93, 96 * 34; Esther 3:1-4:3*: James 1:19-27: Matt. 6:1-6,16-18
Holy Communion
145 or 145:1-8; Jonah 3:10—4:11; Philippians 1:21-27; Matthew 20:1-16

      Notes from the Front Lines

Daily: Daily: For our Bishop and for everyone to read the Scriptures
September 20 Trinity Church, Whitehall – The Rev’d Dr. Donna J. Arnold

***** Pray Sister Mary Jean of the Sisters of St. Mary. She is in critical condition at Saratoga Hospital following surgery earlier this week. The Sisters urgently ask for prayer and that there be no visits to the hospital at this time.

***** Please pray for the victims and families of those with Ebola in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Nigeria. It is decimating whole communities. Pray for the health workers who risk their lives to treat the sick and the dying.

***** St. Ann's Church (37 Division St, Amsterdam) invites you to join us for our monthly Healing Eucharist on Saturday, September 20 at 6 pm. We will begin with contemporary praise and worship music, celebrate Eucharist, and prayer teams will be available following the Eucharist. Childcare is available during the service. This service will take place on the third Saturday of every month at 6 pm.

***** Christ Church Schenectady Prayer Table Report, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.Mark Pasko and Torre Bissell on State St. and Dn. Larry Hubert and Julie Rickson on Albany St.

+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina
a--indicates was anointed with Holy Water
199--"199 Promises of God", a small paperback with encouraging quotes from the Bible
NT-- indicates received a New Testament
B--indicates received a Bible

State St.

Steve (regular) -- He gave thanks for the business he has had so far this month and we prayed for more.

David (man) -- "Hit and Run" prayer

+ 199 Raekwon (young man) -- "To stay out of trouble." He gave his life to Jesus, confessing his sins and made a first time commitment.

Dobine (man) "Hit and Run" prayer

+ Fred (man) -- He was evicted from his apartment and is now warehoused in a motel and needs food.

+ 199 Terrence (young man) -- He is walking with Jesus day by day. We prayed for his continued walk.

+ Agnes (older woman) -- "For my kids."

++ Sharadiant (young woman) -- She cried as she asked prayer for her step-father who has cancer. She took a cross for him.

+ Mark (young man) -- We prayed that God would keep him safe and steady.

+ John (regular, older man) -- He is going to have major surgery on his right leg and knee in about 3 weeks.

+ 199 Junior (man rode up on his bicycle) -- He is living in a bad neighborhood. We prayed that he would be a light shining in the darkness of his neighborhood.

+ Deborah (regular) -- She gave thanks that she is back at work. We also prayed for her friend Miss Mary with whom she stayed when Deborah first returned to Schenectady.

Albany St.

+++ Linda -- She asked prayer for good health, order in her school, her brother James, and for her 3 children.

+ Star -- She wants to get on the basketball team, also asked prayer for peace and kindness.

+ Michael -- Prayer for him as he was passing by on the way to work. Peace and guidance in his life.

Estelle -- For people to be kind and peaceful, for people to more loving and caring.

+ Terrance -- for his body for good health, for provision in his life.

***** Bible Symposium
      The annual Bible Symposium will be on Saturday, September 27th at The Cathedral of All Saints, 62 Swan Street, Albany, NY. The speaker this year will be Dr. Garwood Anderson, Professor of New Testment and Greek at Nashotah House Theological Seminary. Dr. Anderson's presentation is based on Romans 6-8 and is entitled, "What Then, Shall We Say? The Rest of the Gospel According to St. Paul." The symposium begins at 9:30 am and will conclude at 2:30 pm. Doors open at 8:30 am. The cost is $20, and you can register by clicking http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/781586 .

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?