This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, September 05, 2014

 

9/5/2014, #20, 3rd Quarter 2014

"I know that my redeemer lives, (Job 19:25a)
      Jesus, I have seen you change my life and the lives of others so I know that you live.

and he shall stand at last on the earth; (Job 19:25b)
      Jesus, I long for that day of your return.

and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, (Job 19:26)
      Father, I live in the hope of the resurrection.

whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not as a stranger. (Job 19:27a)
      Father, I like the prodigal son will be able to rush into your arms of love.

How my heart yearns within me!" (Job 19:27b)
      Jesus, I long for the day of your return.

Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." (Psalm 35:3b)
      Holy Spirit, speak your word of comfort to my heart. Thank you.

WORD: Look to me. I AM your hope and I love you.
WORD: Bring the burdens of your heart to me. Rest in me no matter what.

Daily Lectionary
Friday: 31 * 35; Job 19:1-7,14-27: Acts 13:13-25: John 9:18-41
Saturday: 30, 32 * 42, 43; Job 22:1-4,21-23:7: Acts 13:26-43: John 10:1-18

      Notes from the Front Lines

Daily: Daily: For our Bishop and for everyone to read the Scriptures
September 5 Bishop William Love; The Rev’d Edward Fiebke

***** Schenectady City Mission Prayer Table Report, Thursday, September 4, 2014, 5:10 - 6:10 p.m.. Torre Bissell, and Chuck Rinaldo from Christ Church Schenectady. This took place during the evening meal at the City Mission.

+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina
a--indicates anointed with Holy Water
199--"199 Promises of God", a small paperback with encouraging quotes from the Bible
B--indicates receiving a Bible

Ted (volunteer in his 80s) -- He hopes to be back doing volunteer work at the Mission next week. He was in the hospital over two weeks.

Gary (staff) -- He asked prayer for his wife Debbie that she would be free from pain. We prayed that the message he would be giving would touch hearts.

Dan (staff) -- His oldest daughter is turning 34 and is doing well. His middle daughter is moving in a positive direction, and his youngest daughter is back in school and has two part-time jobs.

+ 199 Malik and + 199 Nahquan (two teenage boys) -- Each confessed their sins to Jesus and accepted him as Lord and Savior.

+ B Jerry (man) -- He asked prayer for his brother Tony who is in AA and does not believe in God or any other "Higher Power". Jerry has a job opportunity.

Antonio (volunteer) -- He asked prayer for all the lost sheep out there.

+ 199 Dominique (teenage girl) -- She asked prayer for the community and invited Jesus into her heart.

+ 199 B Benjamin (young man) -- He came storming into the table next to us and immediately started arguing with two friends of his. It got to the point where one of them got up and left the table. Benjamin continued at such a level with the remaining friend that Chuck went over and got Dan (who coordinates the community meal) to intervene. Dan got Benjamin calmed down some and suggested that Benjamin come over to the prayer table, which he did. We had a long (20 minutes or more) conversation with Benjamin. He was badly hurt by the way others had taken advantage of him. We talked with him and led him to confess his sins to Jesus and accept him as Lord and Savior. He still had a very angry countenance. We showed him 1 John 1:9 and told him that he was now clean, there was a radical change in his whole countenance. We have never seen such a visible working of grace penetrating someone's heart like this. We could feel the Holy Spirit moving in him. We led him to forgive those who had hurt him. At one point he asked, "Isn't Jesus still pissed at me for the things I have done?" We told him that Jesus was praying for him right then. He told us how thankful he was that we could explain all this in words he could understand. When he was done, his two friends came to him and we asked them to forgive one another, which they did.

+ Stephen (man) -- He came to give thanks and a praise report for abundant answers to prayers with him before. He gave thanks for all that God was doing with his wife Sarah, their son Daniel and their baby Baylea.

+James and Christie [already had a Dennis Adams cross on]

Matt (volunteer, young man) -- He asked prayer for guidance.

***** Christ the King Spiritual Life Center
JOIN US FOR THE HEALING SERVICE, Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014

Guest Preacher: Fr Christopher Brown will offer biblical, personal and theological insights into the Lord's gift of Himself in the Eucharist.
      The Healing Service begins at 10 a.m. and includes a time of praise, testimony, teaching, Eucharist, anointing and options for personal ministry from a prayer team as well as the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
      Fr Brown holds a PhD from Union Seminary and is Canon Theologian of the Diocese. He was the preacher at our spring Corpus Christi festival and was warmly received. Healing and the Eucharist are intertwined, and Fr Brown's witness will help us deepen our appreciation of this Sacrament.
      Buffet lunch ($10.65 inc. tax) can be purchased at the Welcome Center beginning at 11:30. All are welcome.
      Christ the King Spiritual Life Center is a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Albany, located at 575 Burton Road, Greenwich, N.Y. 12834 (518 )-692-9550

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?