This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, October 09, 2014

 

10/9/2014, #2, 4th Quarter 2014

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in him! (Psalm 34:8 )
      Thank you, LORD, for all the many blessings you have showered on us.

Then one of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him. And he went to the Pharisee's house, and sat down to eat. And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at his feet behind him weeping; and she began to wash his feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed his feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. (Luke 7:36-38 )
      Holy Spirit, bring me to this same humility and repentance that you did with this woman.

Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, "This man, if he were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner." (Luke 7:39)
      Father, have mercy on me a sinner: don't let me look down on any of your children.

And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." So he said, "Teacher, say it." "There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?" (Luke 7:40-42)
      Lord Jesus, you know the magnitude of my debt to you. Thank you for forgiving me my sins. I love you -- help me show that same love to others.

Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." And he said to him, "You have rightly judged." Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has washed my feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss my feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint my head with oil, but this woman has anointed my feet with fragrant oil. Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." Then he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." (Luke 7:43-48 )
      Thank you, Jesus, for forgiving my sins.

And those who sat at the table with him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" Then he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace." (Luke 7:49-50)
      Thank you, Jesus, for saving faith in you.

But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the LORD, and of justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression and to Israel his sin. (Micah 3:8 )
      LORD, raise up prophets in your church today to call your people to repentance. Thank you.

WORD: How I long for my people to turn to me with all their sorrows so that I may comfort them.
WORD: Keep in touch with me.
WORD: Look to me for blessing.

Daily Lectionary
Thursday: 131, 132, [133] * 134, 135; Micah 3:1-8: Acts 24:1-23: Luke 7:36-50
Friday: 140, 142 * 141, 143:1-11(12); Micah 3:9-4:5: Acts 24:24-25:12: Luke 8:1-15

      Notes from the Front Lines

OCTOBER Daily: For our Bishop and for the Lord to raise up missionary minded Deacons
7 For generosity to the poor, The Rev’d Joseph Caron
8 Marriage Encounter – Marilyn Irvine, The Rev’d Edward Dougherty
9 For AA and all 12 Step Groups, The Rev’d Blair Biddle, The Rev’d Scott Evans

***** Please pray for the thousands of orphans caused by Ebola in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria, and elsewhere. It is decimating whole communities. Extended families are afraid to take in these children because they have been exposed to their dead parents' illness.

***** Prayer Table for St. John’s, Johnstown--October 8th: (+ = cross given out)

Jim: for his brother Sal’s surgery tomorrow. For comfort and healing.

Connor: infection, aging, comfort

++Jeannie and daughter Jacqueline: strength and guidance

Ken: unemployment needs

***** Mudge Making a Difference Prayer Mail for Wednesday, October 8
Dear partners in prayer,
      It has been a busy week, and we are in the midst of preparing for Synod presentations later in the week. I will be overseeing the break-out session on ministry development over the next 10 to 15 years in the Diocese of Belize. To free up the Bishop's schedule, I plan to be celebrating two Holy Eucharists, one tomorrow and one on Wednesday. This past week focused on ordinations, and the service at the Cathedral on Monday was awesome. Could have been 400 to 500 people there. I was credited with having helped make it possible because of my innumerable trips to Belize. I also served as the Bishop's Chaplain. On Sunday, last week, I represented SAMS at the installation of SAMS missionary Fr. David Alenskis at St. Andrew's in San Ignacio, and then traveled with the Bishop to St. HIlda's in Santa Helena where the Bishop consecrated the church bell, and I celebrated Holy Communion. My hosts have been very gracious, and I praise God for them all. I have sensed your prayers at work.
Prayer requests:
      1) Continue to pray for the Mudges especially for me on this trip, parish visitations in the U.S., the Anglican course which is underway, and that I would be a fruitful servant for the Kingdom of God.
      2) Pray for Julie and Lydia while I am away.
      3) Pray for the upcoming Albany mission workshop presentation on November 1, on re-entering the home environment.
      4) Pray for a speedy sale of our dwelling in the Albany area. Keep praying for God's buyer.
      God bless you. In Christ, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+ and Lydia.

***** Joyce Meyer will be speaking at the TU Center in Albany, 7pm, Thursday, 10/09, 10am and 7pm, Friday, 10/10 and 10am Saturday, 10/11. The Passion Band featuring Kristian Stanfill and Christy Nockels will lead worship. Here is the link- http://www.joycemeyer.org/events/GenericEvent.aspx?event=Albany2014

***** Christ Church Schenectady Prayer Table Report, Saturday, October 4, 2014, 9:15 - 10:30 a.m. Toni Loveless and Torre Bissell on State St. and Dcn. Larry Hubert and Mark Pasko on Albany St.

+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina
a--indicates was anointed with Holy Water
199--"199 Promises of God", a small paperback with encouraging quotes from the Bible

Albany St.

Gary (man) -- Heart attack -- healing

Raymond (man) -- Wanted Prayer for the neighborhood, and for his needs.

+ Karletta (woman) -- Prayer for her son for a good life and for the Lord to provide for all his needs.

Eshad (man) -- Blessing prayer

Moses (man, repeat) -- For good health and for the Lord to provide for his needs.

State St.

+ Tanya (young woman) -- "Recovery" We prayed for the start of a new life for her today.

+ Eddie (man) -- "Food and shelter"

[Lots of Muslims on the street: big "eid": Eid al Adha starts today -- I think celebrating the beginning of the Hajj.]

Steve (man) -- More business

(woman) -- "God bless you also."

Virginia (older woman) -- Blessed her.

++ Vanessa (woman) -- Prayed for a blessing on her and family and friends.

+ 199 Dashaw (teenage boy) -- He gave his life to Jesus and accepted the forgiveness of his sins.

Toni (woman) -- We prayed for her back and for relief of pain.

+ José and + Travis (teenage boys) -- José asked prayer for his mom and dad, Travis asked prayer for his mom.

Keith (man) -- "world peace"

+ 199 Matthew (young man, early 20s) -- He gave his life to Jesus and accepted God's forgiveness.

+ Raymond

+ Galinda (woman) -- Her husband Alonzo beat her up last night. She has four kids. Pray for no more violence.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?