This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, November 10, 2014

 

11/10/2014, #10, 4th Quarter 2014

Let the groaning of the prisoner come before you; according to the greatness of your power preserve those who are appointed to die; (Psalm 79:11)
      Jesus, I pray for those in prison and those on death row, that by the greatness of your power and your Holy Spirit you will bring them to new life.

So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.' (Luke 14:21)
      Let our parish be one where the poor, the maimed and the lame and blind are welcomed in, Jesus. All of us are crippled by sin -- help each of us come to your banquet with humble hearts.

Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thessalonians 4:18 )
      Jesus, please help us comfort one another by our words and deeds.

"Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matthew 25:1-13)
      Holy Spirit, give me oil for my lamp I pray. Fill up my vessel with your presence, power, and light.

But I am poor and needy; make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay. (Psalm 70:5)
      Jesus, I look to you with hope for deliverance and help. Please do not delay. Thank you.

But let justice run down like water, and righteousness like a mighty stream. (Amos 5:24)
      LORD, let your justice and righteousness flow through our community. Bring us to that purity of heart whereby our offerings will be acceptable to you. Thank you.

Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psalm 27:14)
      LORD, please help me to wait on you.

WORD: Bring your pain and your distress to me so that you can praise me.
WORD: Plant the mustard seed of faith in the hearts of my children.
Psalm 27:14, WORD: Wait on me and I will strengthen you in the day of trouble. I will quiet your heart and give you my peace.
WORD: Pray for the oil of my Holy Spirit to fill up your lamp. I want you to be a light to others.

Daily Lectionary
Monday: 80 * 77, [79]; Joel 1:1-13; Rev. 18:15-24; Luke 14:12-24
Tuesday: 78:1-39 * 78:40-72; Joel 1:15-2:2(3-11); Rev. 19:1-10; Luke 14:25-35

      Notes from the Front Lines

NOVEMBER Daily: For our Bishop and for the Lord to raise up apostolic priests
6 Lay Eucharistic Ministers
7 St. Sacrement, Bolton Landing - The Rev’d Dawn Skramstad
8 The Rev’d Charles Blacklock
9 Compassion for the Homeless
10 The Rev’d Paul Carney, The Rev’d Howard Smith

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?