This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

 

12/10/2014, #13, 4th Quarter 2014

This they said, testing him, that they might have something of which to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with his finger, as though he did not hear. (John 8:6)
      My father-in-law used say that Jesus was writing: "Where is the man?" Lord, please help us speak the truth in love.

And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of his glory!" (Isaiah 6:3)
      Help us cry out to one another your holiness, LORD.

So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5)
      Holy Spirit, clean up the language we use toward one another.

And he touched my mouth with it, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged." (Isaiah 6:7)
      Lord, touch our lips with the fire of your Holy Spirit and purge away our sin.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." (Isaiah 6:8 )
      Jesus, please help me to respond to your call.

Psalm 38:21-22 WORD: I have heard your cry and I will answer you.
WORD: I AM the Good Shepherd -- keep coming back to me.

Daily Lectionary
Wednesday: 38 * 119:25-48; Isa. 6:1-13; 2 Thess. 1:1-12; John 7:53-8:11
Thursday: 37:1-18 * 37:19-42; Isa. 7:1-9; 2 Thess. 2:1-12; Luke 22:1-13

      Notes from the Front Lines

DECEMBER -- Daily: For our Bishop and for Christ the King Spiritual Life Center
9 Desire to invite the unchurched this Advent
10 Bishop David Bena
11 For all who minister to the poor

***** Hi Torre: A very, very close friend of mine named Russ Hawkins, who lives in Port Crane, visited Archdeacon Barbara Hanstine today (Tue 12/9/2014) and prayed for her at my request. He said she told him she is probably going to go home and is feeling much better. I thought you would like to know there has been healing. Thanks be to God. And thank you for prayer warriors like my friend Russ. -- Deacon Alan Hart

***** Shaw Mudge Prayer Mail, for Tuesday December 9.
Dear Friends,
      This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday December 9.
Course development and ministry planning for 2015 continue, including our first online course(s) in Spanish. Pray that the Holy Spirit would work in a mighty way through the course preparation as well as the courses themselves.
We've heard back from our dwelling broker this week: the price is solidly appropriate for the market, and the dwelling is in excellent shape. We are waiting upon the Lord's buyer.
Prayer requests:
      1) For ordinations in 2015. We wait upon word from the Commission on Ministry in Belize.
      2) For God's timing of my visits to Belize in 2015.
      3) For my work while in the U.S.
      4) For the preparation for upcoming courses and the completion of the Spanish Prayer Book.
      5) For God's provision for all our needs both here and abroad, including the sale of our dwelling in Wynantskill.
      6) For Lydia as she prepares for Honduras, in less than a month.
God bless you,

***** Healing Service Guest Preacher - The Very Rev. David Beaulac
      The preacher at the Service of Healing at Christ the King Spiritual Life Center on Tuesday, December 16th will be The Very Rev. David Beaulac, Rector of St. Mary's, Lake Luzerne and Dean of the Southern Adirondack Deanery. Fr. Dave is a bi-vocational priest and in his secular job he serves the needs of the hearing-impaired through his business, Audiocare Hearing Services in Glens Falls. Fr. Dave's talk is entitled Jesus: A Gift of Healing to the World. The healing service at Christ the King includes praise and worship, Scripture and teaching as well as opportunities for Holy Communion, anointing, personal prayer ministry and Reconciliation. The Healing service begins in The Chapel of St. Michael and All Angels (the main chapel) at 10 a.m. Lunch is available for purchase ($10.65 including tax) in the dining room of the Welcome Center afterwards.

***** Dear Friends and Family:
      As I write this, it is either raining, sleeting or snowing. And windy. Hope you are all warm and safe as we are. We are looking forward to Christmas this year in a special way. May each of you be blessed and enjoy a richer, deeper relationship with God this Christmas season. Here is the link for our blog: http://kingdomartsministry.com
Blessings and Peace, Michael and Christine Hales

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?