This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, January 16, 2015

 

1/16/2015, #1, 1st Quarter 2015

[Note from Torre: sorry for the long gap in postings. Jean and I have been having various health and medicine side-effect issues for the past six or seven months.]

When Jesus heard it, he said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." (Mark 2:17)
      Jesus, I need your healing touch! Thank you for coming to me and calling me to repentance.

"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins." (Mark 2:22)
      Holy Spirit, please help us find those new wineskins, those new ways of doing things, so that we do not destroy what is good in the old.

To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, (Ephesians 3:8 )
      Jesus, please help us by your grace to go among those who don't know you and preach your unsearchable riches.

To open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house. (Isaiah 42:7)
      Father, please help us bring your light to those who sit in prison darkness.

As for me, I will see your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness. (Psalm 17:15)
      Lord, I live in the hope of the resurrection.

WORD: I have cared for you and carried you all these years. Thank me and praise me for my great love for you.

Daily Lectionary
Friday: 16, 17 * 22; Isa. 42:(1-9)10-17; Eph. 3:1-13; Mark 2:13-22
Saturday: 20, 21:1-7(8-14) * 110:1-5(6-7), 116, 117; Isa. 43:1-13; Eph. 3:14-21; Mark 2:23-3:6

      Notes from the Front Lines

Schenectady City Mission Prayer Table Report, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 5:00 - 6:20 p.m.. Torre and Jean Bissell, and Chuck Rinaldo from Christ Church Schenectady. This took place during the evening meal at the City Mission.

+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina

Ted (volunteer) -- We prayed for his granddaughter Camille who is on a new medication for Lyme's disease.

Dan (staff) -- We prayed for his daughter that God would get a hold of her life.

Stephen (young man, regular) -- He came over and prayed for us.

Davon (young man) -- He got a job with FedEx before Christmas and has been kept on part-time. We prayed for more hours for him.

Richard (man living at the Mission) -- We prayed he will grow into the manhood and fatherhood God wants for him. His 7 year old son recently told him, "Don't drink no more, daddy."

+Dave (man) -- He came over and prayed for God's blessing on us.

Tom (staff) -- We prayed for no more Basil Cell skin cancer and that his son Dan would get a security clearance to work at the Knolls Atomic Poser Laboratory.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?