This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

 

2/4/2015, #7, 1st Quarter 2015

"I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now continued with me three days and have nothing to eat. (Mark 8:2)
      Jesus, please help us have your compassion on the hungry who follow you.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!" (Isaiah 52:7)
      Holy Spirit, please help us enter into this beauty that comes from proclaiming salvation.

For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight; for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard. (Isaiah 52:12)
      Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Psalm 23:6)

From the end of the earth I will cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (Psalm 61:2)
      Holy Spirit, lead me daily to Jesus.

So he said to them, "How is it you do not understand?" (Mark 8:21)
      Jesus, my heart is still hard and I lack understanding -- visit me anew with your Holy Spirit and give me understanding and a softened heart.

Then he put his hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly. (Mark 8:25)
      Jesus, I need a second touch from you.

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from me," says the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17)
      Father, I pray for your protecting hand on the leaders and clergy of this diocese -- that no weapon formed against them shall prosper. Thank you for protecting this diocese and the Diocese of South Carolina.

He will bring justice to the poor of the people; he will save the children of the needy, and will break in pieces the oppressor. (Psalm 72:4)
      Jesus please come and help your little ones. Break in pieces those who oppress the poor and the weak.

WORD: Look to me when times are hard.
WORD: I AM a sure and steady refuge for those who trust in me.
      Lord, you are my rock and my refuge.

Daily Lectionary
Wednesday: 72 * 119:73-96; Isa. 54:1-10(11-17); Gal. 4:21-31; Mark 8:11-26
Thursday: [70], 71 * 74; Isa. 55:1-13; Gal. 5:1-15; Mark 8:27-9:1

      From the Front Lines

***** CHRIST CHURCH NEIGHBORHOOD MEAL, January 25, 2015 – Chuck and Theresa Rinaldo
+ - Cross
R – Jesus rock from Sharon
Mary – Prayer for pain from sciatica. Being lead to spend time with people at meal (Jesus’ light); asking God’ to enable her to do this.
++ RR – Emily’s Nana died around Christmastime and she is missing her. Asked for Jesus to fill her with good memories of her Nana and to remember how much her Nana and Jesus both love her, and to fill her heart with this love. Her Mom, Holly (Nana’s daughter) asks that she be able to know how to help her get past this. She has started taking her to church and Sunday School, which has helped.
+R – Greg asked for prayer for his Mom, Theresa, who has HepC liver disease.
+R – Aniyh’s dad (Harry) is in prison and he has had a couple of strokes. They have told him that if he has any more, he will probably die. Prayed for her and her brothers to trust in the Lord and not to be anxious, but to pray for their Dad.

***** Dear Friends,
This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday, 3 February 2015. Church in the Province of the West Indies Lectionary calendar: Anksar, Missionary Bishop in Sweden, 865.
      Lydia returned on Saturday evening from Honduras. A great trip. Saw her photos and videos, with commentary. Had an excellent time catching up.
      Julie and I came down with colds over the weekend. We are on the mend.
      I have been preparing for my trip to Belize as well as working on courses this week. A new course began on Saturday.
      I have been working on the 100 or so pages of the lectionary for the Spanish version of the Church in the Province West Indies Prayer Book.
Prayer requests:
      1) For preparations for the on-the-ground mission trip to Belize, the agenda, the logistics, safe and timely travel, fruitfulness of the venture, what the Holy Spirit would have me say and do.
      2) For the continuing everyday fruitful mission work with Belize.
      3) For the completion of the Spanish Prayer Book in a timely manner. We hope to have completed as much as we can for presentation at the time of the Provincial Synod in early April.
      4) For God's provision for all our needs both here and abroad.
      5) For the sale of our dwelling in Wynantskill; closing tentatively scheduled for mid-March. Keep praying through the building inspection and until the check clears.
      6) For Lydia, as she readjusts back to the US.
      In Jesus' Name, Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+ and Lydia

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?