This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, March 27, 2015

 

3/27/2015, #17, 1st Quarter 2015

So, when he heard that he was sick, he stayed two more days in the place where he was. (John 11:6)
      Jesus, please help me accept your timing.

Then Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. (John 11:21)
      Jesus, thank you for sending your Holy Spirit to be with us and comfort us in all our griefs.

But even now I know that whatever you ask of God, God will give you." (John 11:22)
      Jesus, we ask you to heal us and our families and friends.

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:23-26)
      Holy Spirit, please help me live and die in the hope of the resurrection.

She said to him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world." (John 11:27)
      Jesus, thank you for coming into my life.

And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the LORD for it; for in its peace you will have peace. (Jeremiah 29:7)
      Help us pray for and seek the peace of our cities, Lord.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
      Father, thank you for the future and the hope you give us.

Then you will call upon me and go and pray to me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:12-13)
      Father, help me search for you with all my heart.

I will be found by you, says the LORD, -and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. (Jeremiah 29:14)
      LORD, bring the Episcopal Church out of its "Babylonian Captivity". Thank you.

For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; nor has he hidden his face from him; but when he cried to him, he heard. (Psalm 22:24)
      Thank you, Jesus, for hearing us in our times of affliction.

What we heard
WORD: I have held you up by my hand. Trust me to lead you the whole distance.

Daily Lectionary
Friday: 95* & 22; *; 141, 143:1-11(12); Jer. 29:1,4-13; Rom. 11:13-24; John 11:1-27, or 12:1-10
Saturday: 137:1-6(7-9), 144; *; 42, 43; Jer. 31:27-34; Rom. 11:25-36; John 11:28-44, or 12:37-50

      From the Front Lines

***** City Mission Prayer Table, March 26, 2015 – Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo
+ - Cross

Ted and Camilla – Strength for Ted to continue to live independently and for God’s peace. Camilla got dizzy while driving home after an injection and totaled her car.

Charlie – He has palsy in his hand; pray for better health and healing.

Tiesha – She is going to a new doctor for her stomach condition; pray this doctor can treat her correctly and for healing. Pray for the fire victims.

+++ Carlos – Pray for God’s blessing with his ministry of World Discipleship Christ Recovery Network Nourishing Your Eternal Soul (WDCRN NYES).

Gary – Lift up the persecuted church.

+ Matt – Praying for a job. The last time he asked for prayer for help to receive benefits (from Social Security or Social Services?) and he got them – PTL!

Dan – God’s leading for his daughters.

Bill - Praying to find a place to live.

LeRoy – God’s protection for him.

Frankie – For God’s protection and provision.

Tobias – Pray for him to follow God’s leading in his life.

***** Tuesday Healing Service Speaker Fr. David Haig, Tuesday, March 31, 10:00 a.m., The Oratory Chapel
      Fr. David Haig is a bi- vocational priest who has served in the Diocese for the past 2 years. He has worn many hats over the years - as a trained actor and director, a professional singer, and for the past 27 years a business owner, a licensed builder, a husband and father and a Priest. Fr. Haig served as priest at the Community of Jesus on Cape Cod Massachusetts, as a Curate at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Albany and most recently he has been serving as the long term supply priest at St. Luke's on the Hill in Mechanicville.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?