This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, August 25, 2016

 

2016 08 25

Tradition
"Tradition may be defined as an extension of the franchise. Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen to be walking about. All democrats object to men being disqualified by the accident of birth; tradition objects to their being disqualified by the accident of death. Democracy tells us not to neglect a good man's opinion, even if he is our groom; tradition asks us not to neglect a good man's opinion, even if he is our father. I, at any rate, cannot separate the two ideas of democracy and tradition; it seems evident to me that they are the same idea. We will have the dead at our councils. The ancient Greeks voted by stones; these shall vote by tombstones. It is all quite regular and official, for most tombstones, like most ballot papers, are marked with a cross." Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton, Doubleday Image Book, page 48 © 1908, 1936 by Dodd, Mead & Company
      Lord, help me learn from past generations.

Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." John 7:24 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me judge with righteous judgment and not by appearances.

Arise therefore, go down and go with them, doubting nothing; for I have sent them." Acts 10:20 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me go forward at your word, doubting nothng.

Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean. Acts 10:28 (NKJV)
      Jesus, correct us by your Holy Spirit whenever we have labeled people as "unclean" and refrain from associating with them.

Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. Acts 10:34-35 (NKJV)
      Father, help us repent of showing partiality.

If your sons have sinned against Him, He has cast them away for their transgression. Job 8:4 (NKJV)
      Lord, this is an awful supposition. Jesus, your disciples asked of the man born blind, "Who sinned, this man or his parents?" Help us repent of unrighteious judgment.

If you were pure and upright, surely now He would awake for you, and prosper your rightful dwelling place. Job 8:6 (NKJV)
      Lord, don't let me be taken in by a "prosperity gospel".

Behold, God will not cast away the blameless, Nor will He uphold the evildoers. Job 8:20 (NKJV)
      LORD, you cause your rain to fall on the just and the unjust. Help us leave judgment in your hand.

So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, To walk in their own counsels. "Oh, that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways! Psalm 81:12-13 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me repent of my stubbornness and walking by my own counsels rather than yours.

Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints. Psalm 116:15 (NKJV)
      Jean, rest in peace (8/25/2015)

A word received: You are in my care. Rest in my arms of love.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?