This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, September 15, 2016

 

2016 09 15

Then Jesus said to them, "A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light." John 12:35-36a (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me walk by your light -- your word and your Holy Spirit. The surrounding darkness deepens; have mercy on me.

But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Acts 16:25 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me join with Paul and Silas in singing and praising you, even in the hard times.

And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" Acts 16:30 (NKJV)
      Jesus, move thea hearts of jailers and prison guards throughout this land to ask this question.

So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." Acts 16:31 (NKJV)
      Lord, help the guards and those they guard cross the line to salvation. Help us bring whole households into your kingdom.

For Prisoners.
      O GOD, who spares when we deserve punishment, and in your wrath remembers mercy; we humbly beseech you, of your goodness, to comfort and succour all prisoners [especially those who are condemned to die]. Give them a right understanding of themselves, and of your promises; that, trusting wholly in your mercy, they may not place their confidence anywhere but in you. Relieve the distressed, protect the innocent, awaken the guilty; and forasmuch as you alone bring light out of darkness, and good out of evil, grant to these your servants, that by the power of your Holy Spirit they may be set free from the chains of sin and death, and may be brought to newness of life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

      "Remember the prisoners as if chained with them--those who are mistreated--since you yourselves are in the body also." Hebrews 13:3

But Paul said to them, "They have beaten us openly, uncondemned Romans, and have thrown us into prison. And now do they put us out secretly? No indeed! Let them come themselves and get us out." Acts 16:37 (NKJV)
      At any point Paul could have claimed the protection of his Roman citizenship and escaped the beating, and yet he did not. Holy Spirit, help me know when to speak and when to be silent.

"But where can wisdom be found? And where is the place of understanding? Job 28:12 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me seek for wisdom and understanding in you. Guide me by your Holy Spirit. Help me hold you in awe and holy fear.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 (NKJV)
      Lord Jesus, I give my fears to you.

One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple. Psalm 27:4 (NKJV)
      Father, let my home be a temple of your Spirit where I may dwell in your presence.

Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD! Psalm 27:14 (NKJV)
      LORD, I wait on you.

Restore us, O God; Cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved! Psalm 80:3 (NKJV)
      Lord Jesus, restore your church and your people

A word received: Cry out to me for my people; pray for their restoration.

These prayers are also posted on my blog http://albanyintercessor.blogspot.com/

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?