This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, September 16, 2016

 

2016 09 16

Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, lest they should see with their eyes, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them." John 12:39-40 (NKJV)
      Father, we too are a generation of hardened hearts, blinded eyes, and deaf ears; have mercy on us.

Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. John 12:42-43 (NKJV)
      Strengthen the rulers of God's people to confess the truth of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, "These who have turned the world upside down have come here too. Jason has harbored them, and these are all acting contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying there is another king--Jesus." Acts 17:6-7 (NKJV)
      Lord Jesus, I pray that we would be worthy of such a charge: that we have turned the world upside down with our teaching and preaching of you. Jesus, help us proclaim your kingship.

Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him when he saw that the city was given over to idols. Acts 17:16 (NKJV)
      Holy Father, I pray that our spirits will also be provoked by the idolatry of our generation.

On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, seven eunuchs who served in the presence of King Ahasuerus, to bring Queen Vashti before the king, wearing her royal crown, in order to show her beauty to the people and the officials, for she was beautiful to behold. But Queen Vashti refused to come at the king's command brought by his eunuchs; therefore the king was furious, and his anger burned within him. Esther 1:10-12 (NKJV)
      Lord, I pray that the women of our generation would refuse to be put on display for the entertainment of men.

A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. Psalm 32:1 (NKJV)
      Thank you for forgiving my transgressions.

You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7 (NKJV)
      Thank you, Jesus, for being my hiding place.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Psalm 32:8 (NKJV)
      LORD, teach us and guide us.

If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," even the night shall be light about me; indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You. Psalm 139:11-12 (NKJV)
      Jesus, you are my light in the surrounding darkness.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You. Psalm 139:17-18 (NKJV)
      Thank you for being with me morning by morning.

A word received: I have searched you and known you. Give your heart over to me day by day.

These prayers are posted daily on my blog: http://albanyintercessor.blogspot.com/

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?