Saturday, September 17, 2016
2016 09 17
Jesus, thank you for helping me meet and know your Father and his love for me. Father, thank you for adopting me as your child.
Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: Acts 17:22-23 (NKJV)
Father, being "very religious" doesn't buy you anything -- we have to surrender our lives to your son Jesus and live guided by your Holy Spirit.
The works of the LORD are great, Studied by all who have pleasure in them. Psalm 111:2 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please give me a heart to study you and your ways.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever. Psalm 111:10 (NKJV)
Father, help me fear you and hold you in holy awe so that I might gain wisdom and understanding of your commandments.
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 118:1 (NKJV)
LORD, I give you thanks in the midst of my confusion and grief. Thank you for your enduring mercy.
It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8 (NKJV)
LORD, help me place my trust in you, even when the circumstances are bad.
A word received: Surrender the desires of your heart to me.
City Mission Prayer Table, September 14, 2016, Chuck Rinaldo, Christ Church Schenectady
+ Received a cross
1. Dan's daughter is having a C-Section on Tuesday. Baby weighs 8+ pounds but is not in the birth canal. Pray for protection for baby and mom; for a healthy baby; and that there will be no problems or complications. Pray for the family's peace of mind.
2. Ronnie is recovering from open heart surgery. Pray for continued healing and strength. Her grandchildren are living in upstate near Canada (Jennifer Spooner). Pray for Jay who has returned to Schenectady and has a job, but he needs the Lord's strength and guidance. Ronnie is living at 354 Edison Ave. and needs a ride to church (847-2168 ).
3. ++ Janice – received crosses.
4. Ted and his daughter Camille – Pray for Ted's strength to continue for him to live independently and to be there for his daughter. Pray for Camille to have a good support system around her so she can remain drug free; pray for total healing physically and mentally and for God's peace and comfort.
5. Gary's wife – Pray she will forget and forgive and not carry her hurt. Transform her heart oh Lord.