This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, September 18, 2016

 

2016 09 18

"But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing," Matthew 6:3 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me be more circumspect in the deeds I do.

"But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly." Matthew 6:6 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me pray according to the mind of your Spirit.

So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; James 1:19 (NKJV)
      Father, show me clearly when you want me to listen and when you want me to speak.

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22 (NKJV)
      Jesus, I want to be a doer of your word.

Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. James 1:27 (NKJV)
      LORD, move our hearts to visit orphans and widows and to keep ourselves unspotted from the world. Take our feet out of the miry clay.

When Haman saw that Mordecai did not bow or pay him homage, Haman was filled with wrath. Esther 3:5 (NKJV)
      Lord, preserve our political candidates from wrath and pride of place.

When Mordecai learned all that had happened, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and ashes, and went out into the midst of the city. He cried out with a loud and bitter cry. Esther 4:1 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, give us hearts to mourn every injustice.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 (NKJV)
      God, you are my refuge and help in trouble.

Then he brought me back to the door of the temple; and there was water, flowing from under the threshold of the temple toward the east, for the front of the temple faced east; the water was flowing from under the right side of the temple, south of the altar. He brought me out by way of the north gate, and led me around on the outside to the outer gateway that faces east; and there was water, running out on the right side. And when the man went out to the east with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the water came up to my ankles. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters; the water came up to my knees. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through; the water came up to my waist. Again he measured one thousand, and it was a river that I could not cross; for the water was too deep, water in which one must swim, a river that could not be crossed. Ezekiel 47:1-5 (NKJV)
      Jesus, bring me to that place in the river of your Spirit where I will have to take my feet off the bottom and be carried along by the river of your Spirit.

A word received: Come, join me in the river of my delight.

      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot, martyr who entered into glory January 8, 1956, age 28, in an attempt to bring the gospel to the Waodani people of Ecuador.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?