This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

 

2016 09 28

After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." Luke 5:27 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me answer your call when you say to me, "Follow me."

And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, "Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" Jesus answered and said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." Luke 5:30-32 (NKJV)
      Jesus, thank you for calling me.

"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved." Luke 5:37-38 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help us find those new wineskins in the life of your church to carry what you are doing among us.

From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church. And when they had come to him, he said to them: "You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you, serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews; how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 20:17-21 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, please help us hold back nothing of the gospel of Christ that would help others.

But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me testify with joy in the ministry you have given me.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by a lover and is committing adultery, just like the love of the LORD for the children of Israel, who look to other gods and love the raisin cakes of the pagans." Hosea 3:1 (NKJV)
      Father, help us live out your prophetic words to us.

Behold, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, who by night stand in the house of the LORD! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD. Psalm 134:1-2 (NKJV)
      LORD, I lift up my hands to praise you.

A word received: Be at peace, rest in my arms

Tradition
"Tradition may be defined as an extension of the franchise. Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen to be walking about. All democrats object to men being disqualified by the accident of birth; tradition objects to their being disqualified by the accident of death. Democracy tells us not to neglect a good man's opinion, even if he is our groom; tradition asks us not to neglect a good man's opinion, even if he is our father. I, at any rate, cannot separate the two ideas of democracy and tradition; it seems evident to me that they are the same idea. We will have the dead at our councils. The ancient Greeks voted by stones; these shall vote by tombstones. It is all quite regular and official, for most tombstones, like most ballot papers, are marked with a cross." Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton, Doubleday Image Book, page 48 © 1908, 1936 by Dodd, Mead & Company

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?