This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, October 02, 2016

 

2016 10 02

Therefore he promised with an oath to give her whatever she might ask. So she, having been prompted by her mother, said, "Give me John the Baptist's head here on a platter." And the king was sorry; nevertheless, because of the oaths and because of those who sat with him, he commanded it to be given to her. So he sent and had John beheaded in prison. Matthew 14:7-10 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, restrain us from folly and oaths uttered in haste.

And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:1-2 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, give me that same determination to know nothing except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 1 Corinthians 2:4 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me speak in demonstration of your Holy Spirit and his power.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12 (NKJV)
      Father, please help me know what you have freely give to me.

For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me be like Job and receive your instruction.

"The princes of Judah are like those who remove a landmark; I will pour out my wrath on them like water. Hosea 5:10 (NKJV)
      Bring the leaders of the churches who remove the ancient landmarks of faith to repentance.

Come, and let us return to the LORD; For He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. Hosea 6:1 (NKJV)
      LORD, help us return to you for the healing only you can give.

For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6 (NKJV)
      Jesus, giv e me your heart of mercy.

Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD! Psalm 117:1-2 (NKJV)
      LORD, help me abide in you enduring truth.

O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it. Psalm 139:1-6 (NKJV)
      Jesus, thank you for loving me even when you know all my failings.

If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," even the night shall be light about me; indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You. Psalm 139:11-12 (NKJV)
      Father, thank you that I can walk by the light of your Holy Spirit.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You. Psalm 139:17-18 (NKJV)
      Jesus, thank you for being with us morning by morning.

A word received: I have blessed you -- receive the blessing I give you. They will sustain you.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?