This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, October 29, 2016

 

2016 10 29

And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, please help me lay aside distractions and anxieties and seek the better part as Mary did.

Now Jesus called His disciples to Himself and said, "I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now continued with Me three days and have nothing to eat. And I do not want to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way." Matthew 15:32 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help us to have your compassion on the hungry and the homeless.

"Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?' Matthew 18:32-33 (NKJV)
      Father, please help me to have compassion on my debtors as you have had compassion on me.

Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:27-28 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me take my appointed place in the Body of Christ.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1 (NKJV)
      Lord, let my speech be flavored with love.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me have the love of Jesus for both presidential candidates.

"I will stretch out My hand against Judah, and against all the inhabitants of Jerusalem. I will cut off every trace of Baal from this place, the names of the idolatrous priests with the pagan priests -- Those who worship the host of heaven on the housetops; Those who worship and swear oaths by the LORD, but who also swear by Milcom; those who have turned back from following the LORD, and have not sought the LORD, nor inquired of Him." Zephaniah 1:4-6 (NKJV)
      LORD, help me seek you and inquire of you day by day. Please give me the gift of discernment so that I can distinguish the true from the false.

Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD! Psalm 117:1-2 (NKJV)
      LORD, I praise you and bless you. Thank you for your merciful kindness and your enduring truth. and love.

Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You. Psalm 139:12 (NKJV)
      Jesus, let your light shine in my darkness.

A word received: I will lead you by the hand; cling to me.

Schenectady City Mission Prayer Table Report, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. Torre Bissell from St. Ann's Amsterdam and Bellvue Reformed Church Schenectady. This took place during the evening meal at the City Mission.

+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina

+ Hasseen (volunteer) -- He has diabetes and was in a car accident. We prayed for the homeless in the cold.

Charlie (volunteer) -- We prayed for Ted (volunteer 86) who is in the hospital again with trouble breathing.

Jordan (staff) -- For pain in his leg (over a month now).

Dan (staff) -- We prayed for peace at the community meal and for Ted (volunteer).

Michael (Resident) -- He is still in a wheelchair waiting for hip replacements.

Torre (volunteer) -- He prayed for Chuck and all those who travel around the city in motorized wheelchairs in the ice and snow and cold.

Tony (volunteer) -- For a healing of his relationship with his sister.

Becky (woman) -- Prayed for Ted.

+Eric (man) -- For my famly.

Bruce (volunteer) -- He gave thanks for his grandson Wesleys vast improvement in speech. He was thankful for all the children who are born "normal".

+Michael (man) He was just released from prison that day. He prayed for Ted and for the homeless in the cold.

+Matt (man) -- He prayed for a sister-in-law who is in a law suit for a fair settlement and for his disability.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?