This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, December 04, 2016

 

2016 12 04 Sunday

      I am no longer my own, but thine. Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt; put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee, exalted for thee or brought low for thee; let me be full, let me be empty; let me have all things, let me have nothing; I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
      And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, thou art mine, and I am thine. So be it. And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.
      From the Watch Night Service by John Wesley.

In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!" Matthew 3:1-2 (NKJV)
      Father, please help us recognize your kingdom as it comes among us.

For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying: "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the LORD; make His paths straight.' " Matthew 3:3 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help us proclaim the kingdom in whatever wilderness we find ourselves.

Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him and were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins. Matthew 3:5-6 (NKJV)
      Jesus, move the people of this region to go forth confessing their sins and being baptized by water and your Holy Spirit.

Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, Matthew 3:8 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help us bear fruit worthy of repentance.

For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, bring your people to the patience and comfort contained in Scripture so that they may have hope.

Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Romans 15:7 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help us receive one another and everyone you send us, just as you received us.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (NKJV)
      Lord GOD, fill me up with joy and peace in believing so that I may abound in hope by the power of your Holy Spirit.

He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, And will break in pieces the oppressor. Psalm 72:4 (NKJV)
      Come soon, Lord Jesus.

A word received: Look to me for hope that does not disappoint.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?