This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

 

2017 03 01

Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. Luke 18:9-10 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me place my trust only in Jesus' righteousness.

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' Luke 18:11-12 (NKJV)
      Jesus, please help me repent of self-satisfied prayers.

And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' Luke 18:13 (NKJV)
      Father, bring me to the self-knowledge and humility of this tax collector.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 18:14 (NKJV)
      Lord, no one is justified in your sight unless you do that work of grace and mercy in their lives. Jesus, you are my justification -- I have no other.

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me find my endurance and stamina in you, whatever the cost.

And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives." Hebrews 12:5-6 (NKJV)
      Father, thank you for the way you have chastened me out of your love for me.

Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed. Hebrews 12:12-13 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, please make my path straight before me.

Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the fish's belly. And he said: "I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction, and He answered me. "Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and You heard my voice. Jonah 2:1-2 (NKJV)
      Lord GOD, hear my cry and help me out of my affliction.

Now the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying, Jonah 3:1 (NKJV)
      LORD, let your word come to me again, even if I wasn't heeding it the first time.

But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he became angry. Jonah 4:1 (NKJV)
      Father, help me repent of my anger and accept your way of doing things.

And should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot discern between their right hand and their left--and much livestock?" Jonah 4:11 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me have pity on those who stumble in darkness.

Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; make Your way straight before my face. Psalm 5:8 (NKJV)
      LORD, lead me and make my way straight before me.

A word received: I Am leading you by the hand -- don't be afraid.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?