This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, May 11, 2017

 

2017 05 11

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye. Luke 6:41-42 (NKJV)
      Jesus, please give me clarity of sight so that I may see and repent of my sins.

"For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush." Luke 6:43-44 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me recognize the fruit I am actually producing in my life.

Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock. But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great." Luke 6:47-49 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me build only on you and word to me. There is so much building on sand around us that it has become the norm. Help me build for eternal life with you.

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; Colossians 2:8-9 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, I am surrounded by empty philosophy and dead traditions; let the fullness of Jesus dwell in me.

In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, Colossians 2:11 (NKJV)
      Jesus, bring me to the circumcision of my heart.

These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh. Colossians 2:23 (NKJV)
      Father, please help me discern what is truly of value.

Thus says the LORD: "The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness-- Israel, when I went to give him rest." Jeremiah 31:2 (NKJV)
      Father, thank you for your grace in the wilderness.

They shall come with weeping, and with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, in a straight way in which they shall not stumble; for I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn. Jeremiah 31:9 (NKJV)
      Father, help me walk without stumbling.

Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, streaming to the goodness of the LORD -- for wheat and new wine and oil, for the young of the flock and the herd; their souls shall be like a well-watered garden, and they shall sorrow no more at all. Jeremiah 31:12 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, make my soul a well-watered garden.

"I will satiate the soul of the priests with abundance, and My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, says the LORD." Jeremiah 31:14 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me to be satisfied with your goodness.

A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy habitation. Psalm 68:5 (NKJV)
      LORD, be a father to the fatherless in our day. Protect the children in foster care and in abusive homes with your love.

A word received: Look to me when times are hard.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?