This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, May 22, 2017

 

2017 05 19-22

2017 05 19

Now a woman, having a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any, came from behind and touched the border of His garment. And immediately her flow of blood stopped. Luke 8:43-44 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me reach out to Jesus for healing as this woman did.

And He said to her, "Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace." Luke 8:48 (NKJV)
      Jesus, I pray that my faith will make me well and that I can go forth in good cheer.

Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. Romans 14:19 (NKJV)
      Father, help me pursue those things which build up the Body of Christ.

As an eagle stirs up its nest, hovers over its young, spreading out its wings, taking them up, carrying them on its wings, Deuteronomy 32:11 (NKJV)
      Jesus, carry me on your wings.

Why should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity at my heels surrounds me? Those who trust in their wealth and boast in the multitude of their riches, none of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him--for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease forever--that he should continue to live eternally, and not see the Pit. Psalm 49:5-9 (NKJV)
      Jesus thank you for paying the cost of my ransom. I will set my fear aside and trust in you.

A man who is in honor, yet does not understand, is like the beasts that perish. Psalm 49:20 (NKJV)
      LORD, give the President wisdom.

A word received: Look to me for hope that does not disappoint.

2017 05 21

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared." Matthew 13:24-26 (NKJV)
      Jesus, please help me recognize the tares in my life for what they are. [Tares were sometimes called "bastard wheat" because the two plants looked identical until harvest time when their heads became quite different.]

"So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?' But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn." ' " Matthew 13:27-30 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, show me when and how to uproot the tares in my life.

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches." Matthew 13:31-32 (NKJV)
      Father, help me know even the least of the gifts you have given to me so that my growth shall be in them.

Another parable He spoke to them: "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened." Matthew 13:33 (NKJV)
      Jesus, mix the leaven of your Holy Spirit throughout my life.

A word received: I AM with you in your weakness as well as your strength.

2017 05 22

And it happened, as He was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, "Who do the crowds say that I am?" Luke 9:18 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help us be disciples who join with Jesus in prayer.

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God." Luke 9:20 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, prepare our hearts to answer this question.

Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." Luke 9:23 (NKJV)
      Jesus, I so want to cling to the past; help me leave that and take up my cross and follow you.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2-3 (NKJV)
      Father, help me find the joy that comes from being with Jesus as I overcome life's trials.

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. James 1:12 (NKJV)
      Jesus, help me endure temptation.

So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD. Deuteronomy 8:3 (NKJV)
      Holy Spirit, help me life by your word.

When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the LORD your God for the good land which He has given you. Deuteronomy 8:10 (NKJV)
      LORD, I bless you for all that I have received from your hand.

"If it had not been the LORD who was on our side," Let Israel now say--"If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us alive, when their wrath was kindled against us; then the waters would have overwhelmed us, the stream would have gone over our soul; then the swollen waters would have gone over our soul." Blessed be the LORD, Who has not given us as prey to their teeth. Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. Psalm 124:1-8 (NKJV)
      Thank you, LORD, for rescuing me.

A word received: When you hope, hope in me.

Albany Intercessor


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?