This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 21, 2017

 

2017 07 21

How easy it is
for me to live with you, Lord.
How easy it is to believe in you
when my mind reels from not understanding,
or when my mind weakens--
when the most intelligent people cannot think
beyond the evening and do not know
what must be done tomorrow.
You convey to me the
lucid assurance that you exist,
that you will see to it that not all paths
toward good will be closed.
At the peak of earthly renown
I look back with amazement at
that road which by no stretch of the imagination
I could have devised--
A remarkable road through despair
which has led me here
where I too have been able
to send mankind
reflections of your rays--
As for what I
won't have time or ability for--
This means that you have
reserved it for others.
     Prayer
     Alexander Solzhenitsyn

But Jesus withdrew with His disciples to the sea. And a great multitude from Galilee followed Him, and from Judea Mark 3:7 (NKJV)
     Lord, a great multitude is following you; help us be a faithful part of that multitude.

Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons: Mark 3:14-15 (NKJV)
     Jesus, raise up more apostolic witnesses in our day.

And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years. Acts 13:21 (NKJV)
     Saul looked like a king but his heart wasn't in it.

And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, 'I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.' Acts 13:22 (NKJV)
     Father, I pray that you will find in us, men and women, people after your own heart who will do all your will.

Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2 (NKJV)
     Have mercy on us, LORD.

For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight-- That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge. Psalm 51:3-4 (NKJV)
     Holy Spirit, help us acknowledge our transgressions.

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. Psalm 51:5-6 (NKJV)
     Holy Spirit, bring me to inward truth.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:10-11 (NKJV)
     LORD, please accomplish this in me.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-- These, O God, You will not despise. Psalm 51:17 (NKJV)
     Jesus, give me a broken and contrite heart. Thank you for being broken for me on the cross.

A word received: Let me lead you by the hand, step by step.

Albany Intercessor

Schenectady City Mission Prayer Table Report, Thursday, July 20, 2017, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.. Chuck Rinaldo from Christ Church Schenectady and Torre Bissell from St. Ann's Amsterdam and Bellevue Reformed Church Schenectady. This took place during the evening meal at the City Mission.

+--indicates received a wooden cross made by Dennis Adams of North Carolina

Charlie (Volunteer) -- For back pain.

Tony (Volunteer) -- For back pain. He has been participating in the City Mission program of Chess in the City where chess boards are set up in front of Proctors Theater on State Street Tuesdays 11:00-1:00.

+ Glenn (Resident) -- For the Father's will to be done here.

Chuck (Volunteer) -- We prayed for a nephew who is getting married.

Luz (woman) -- We prayed for her husband Hediberto, her son and her grandson.

+ Hediberto -- He asked prayer for his daughter, his two sisters and for himself.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?