This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, July 31, 2017

 

2017 07 31

Then an opportune day came when Herod on his birthday gave a feast for his nobles, the high officers, and the chief men of Galilee. And when Herodias' daughter herself came in and danced, and pleased Herod and those who sat with him, the king said to the girl, "Ask me whatever you want, and I will give it to you." He also swore to her, "Whatever you ask me, I will give you, up to half of my kingdom." Mark 6:21-23 (NKJV)
     Holy Spirit, protect us from foolish and evil oaths and vain promises.

So she went out and said to her mother, "What shall I ask?" And she said, "The head of John the Baptist!" Immediately she came in with haste to the king and asked, saying, "I want you to give me at once the head of John the Baptist on a platter." And the king was exceedingly sorry; yet, because of the oaths and because of those who sat with him, he did not want to refuse her. Mark 6:24-26 (NKJV)
     Jesus, help us back down from evil promises before we harm others. Don't let our egos get in the way of avoiding evil.

Immediately the king sent an executioner and commanded his head to be brought. And he went and beheaded him in prison, brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl; and the girl gave it to her mother. Mark 6:27-28 (NKJV)
     Father, keep us from being a party to others bad choices.

Then the contention became so sharp that they parted from one another. And so Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus; Acts 15:39 (NKJV)
     Lord, we have this idealized picture of the early church, but they had to struggle with the same contentions and sin that we do today.

And as they went through the cities, they delivered to them the decrees to keep, which were determined by the apostles and elders at Jerusalem. So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and increased in number daily. Acts 16:4-5 (NKJV)
     Father, please help us as we share apostolic teaching to strengthen and encourage the churches in faith.

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by. Psalm 57:1 (NKJV)
     Holy Spirit, please give us strength to endure until these calamities
in the church have passed.

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise. Psalm 57:7 (NKJV)
     Jesus, please give me a steadfast heart.

A word received: Seek out the lost and the least. Never despise my little ones.

Albany Intercessor

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Geo Visitors Map

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?