Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:18 (NKJV)
Father, please help us recognize our inability to do anything without your help.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. John 5:24 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me pass from death into life.
knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. Romans 6:6 (NKJV)
Jesus, set me free from slavery to sin.
For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, Romans 6:7-8 (NKJV)
Father, help us die to self and live for Jesus.
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14 (NKJV)
More grace, Lord, more grace.
As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:1-2 (NKJV)
LORD, I long for the day when I shall come before you.
When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast. Psalm 42:4 (NKJV)
Father, please help us enter your house with joy and praise.
O my God, my soul is cast down within me; therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan, and from the heights of Hermon, from the Hill Mizar. Psalm 42:6 (NKJV)
Jesus, when my soul is cast down, help me remember you.
Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 42:11 (NKJV)
Lord GOD, I choose to place my hope in you.
A Word Received: Turn to me; keep your eyes on me; listen to me, for I Am the LORD your God.
CITY MISSION PRAYER LINE, February 22, 2018, Chuck Rinaldo
+ received a cross
1. + Ken – Pray for all those at the Mission for protection and the resources to continue the daily mission; also pray that he excel in the leadership course and that God will use him.
2. + Keith – Cry out to God in his marriage situation. His wife is seeking a divorce, but Keith believes that God is telling him to stay in the marriage. We pray for a softening of her heart of his wife. They have 2 children and we pray that God will show Keith how to minister to them in love just as the Father's love ministers to him.
3. + Jamie – Grieving the loss of a loved one, and asks for release of anxiety; comfort from God to get him through.
4. Chuck – Waiting for finalized paperwork from court to settle his case. We pray for speedy processing.
5. Jordan – Lord, help him to remain strong in you. Pray for him to walk in your strength to be a light to all those who come to the Mission. We pray Lord, for his protection from sickness and to put a hedge of protection around him.
6. + Cindy – She is moving to Oklahoma. Pray for travel mercies that she will be safe. Shelli was in an auto accident; pray for healing and for total recovery.
7. ++++ John asked for 4 crosses to give out to his family members. Also asks for prayer for peace for his grandmother.
8. + Gale – Her dog is missing; either lost or taken from her yard. We pray that her dog will return.