On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side." Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?" Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. But He said to them, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?" Mark 4:35-40 (NKJV)
Jesus, when everything has gone smash, help us turn to you and believe in what you can do.
For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. 1 Corinthians 7:7 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me recognize and use the gifts you have given to me.
Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! Psalm 105:1 (NKJV)
Thank you, LORD. Help me make your deeds known.
Moreover He called for a famine in the land; he destroyed all the provision of bread. He sent a man before them-- Joseph--who was sold as a slave. Psalm 105:16-17 (NKJV)
Jesus, even the hard times are in your hand. Help me to trust you.
They hurt his feet with fetters, he was laid in irons. Until the time that his word came to pass, the word of the LORD tested him. Psalm 105:18-19 (NKJV)
LORD, your word tests us. Help us to be faithful.
A Word Received: Look to me when times are hard.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, March 1, 2018, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo
+ received cross
1. Tyrone - Pray for the Holy Spirit to fill him in his ministry to the men at City Mission.
2. + Daniel – Pray for his family; for provision that Daniel will be the father and husband that God has as a plan for him. Daniel also rededicated his life to Jesus as his Lord and Savior.
3. Glen – Pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to go through his body to cleanse his illness and heal him.
4. +Anthony – Pray for healing in his right hand; he has a broken wrist.
5. Dave – Pray for his message that the words he speaks will be the Lord's and that they reach ears that are open and hearts that receive his life giving message.
6. Jordan – Lord give him the strength to continue to do the work at City Mission.
7. +Jose' – He is dealing with anger. Jose' rededicated his life to Jesus for forgiving him. Pray each time Jose' starts to get angry, he will turn to Jesus and away from anger.
8. ++Gary – Pray for his wife Deb who has fibromyalgia, kidney failure and low blood sugar. Pray for her health and healing. Also pray for his son Chris who is having job related problems which are beyond his control.
9. Chuck – Pray for the bureaucratic red tape to be finalized for the reinstatement of his benefits. Also pray for his friend Sharon who has cancer; for God's healing and comfort.