And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!" Mark 9:7 (NKJV)
Help us to hear you, Jesus.
Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 1 Corinthians 12:27-30 (NKJV)
Father, please help me to be what you want me to be and to use the gifts you have gven to me.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, fill me with your love.
For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Nor has He hidden His face from Him; But when He cried to Him, He heard. Psalm 22:24 (NKJV)
Lord, you answered me when I was afflicted. Thank you.
A Word Received: I Am a rock; cling to me in the storm.
City Mission Prayer Table, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, March 15, 2018
+ - received cross
P - received 199 Promises book
1. P+ Ryan – Accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. Asked for prayer of healing for liver and kidney disease. Asked for prayer of release from his dependence on alcohol.
2. Glen – Praise the Lord for last weeks answer to prayer for strength. We also pray for him to continue to seek God's will in his life and to walk the path God leads him on.
3. Dan – Pray for relief and healing of a sever cold he has had for the past week or more. We pray for God's intervention and healing touch.
4. Tyrone – We pray that God continue to bless his ministry.
5. Keith – Pray for his marriage that he and his wife can reconcile; that the Lord will be the center of their marriage, and that his wife will receive what God has in store for them.
6. + Ken – Pray for Peter who is the facilitator of the Monday night Christian AA group. Pray that Peter will hear God's will as he reaches out to the people in the group.
Also pray for Lawrence who is going into a rehab facility. Pray he will hear the Lord and will open his heart to the Lord. We also pray for a release from his addictions and that he will become a new creation in the Lord.
7. Bruce – We pray that he continue to mentor his volunteer group from Scotia/Glenville H.S. We also pray for those members that they will be blessed and that they will be a blessing to those they serve.
We also pray for his upcoming trip with his son to London that's planned this coming June.
We ask continued prayer for his grandson, Wes, that he will grow stronger and that his speech will be normal.
8. Jordon – We pray that God will sustain him to do God's work at the Mission. We also pray for a hedge of protection to keep him safe from sickness, and healing from cancer.
9. Lori (Dan's wife) - We pray for protection that she does not get Dan's cold. We also pray for their daughter's release from depression; we come against the enemy and claim God's healing grace to shine on her and give her hope.
10. P+ - Philip – He accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. We also pray for protection from fear because of a diagnosis of colon cancer; that the Lord will strengthen him to give him the ability to persevere through this time.
11. Chuck – We continue to pray for a speedy end to his waiting for the government red tape to go through so he can have his benefits restored. Pray also for him not to be anxious, but to have peace in the Lord.
12. ++ Carlos – Pray that God will reveal Himself to those who need Him.