Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. Mark 16:1-2 (NKJV)
Thank you for those women who faithfully served you, Jesus. Bless the Sisters of St. Mary and the Daughters of the King. Raise up vocations to the life of prayer.
And they said among themselves, "Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?" But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away--for it was very large. Mark 16:34 (NKJV)
Father, thank you for doing for us what we cannot do in our own strength.
And entering the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed. But he said to them, "Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. Mark 16:56 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us hear these words for all whom we love who have gone on before us: "They are not here; they are risen."
But go, tell His disciples--and Peter--that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you." So they went out quickly and fled from the tomb, for they trembled and were amazed. And they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid. Mark 16:7-8 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me share the glad news what Jesus is risen from the dead.
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 (NKJV)
Help me, Jesus, declare the gospel by which I stand and believe.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me deliver to others what is of first importance. Thank you.
A Word Received: Look to me to aid you in speaking the truth of the gospel.
City Mission Prayer Table, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, March 29, 2018
+ received cross
1. Charlie and Torre prayed for Tony who is not doing well. He is under great spiritual attack. Protect him Lord from the lies of the enemy! Pray for a balance in his medications to restore his ability to cope.
2. + Ken – His friend Bob had a stroke. Restore him to good health. Pray for Jill who is caught up in addiction and that she will be released from it.
3. + Joe needs a job. He has a weak resume; pray that the Lord will build his confidence and provide someone to assist him with what he needs to get the right job.
4. Glen – We pray to imitate Jesus in living in the Father's will just like Jesus did.
5. + Rod – He is in a wheel chair and he has ALS. Pray for the Lord's healing and endurance, and that the Mission will find a place for him to receive proper care.
6. Rev. Tyrone – Bless his ministry to the men at the Mission that he ministers to.
7. + Jill – Mona and Manual, her children. We pray they grow into God's grace and that she will be the mother He created her to be. Pray for His safety and continued provision.
8. Jordan – Pray for the Lord to continue strength and healing (from his bone marrow transplant). For his continued work at the Mission that he can continue to spread the joy of the Lord.
9. Dan – Most important weekend. Pray that everyone that goes to church this weekend (especially for those who only attend church on Easter and Christmas) will be touched and know what Jesus did for them, and that they will receive Jesus in their hearts.
10. Gayle – Continued prayer for her friend Patty (in NYC), for Social Services to find her the right place for her to live. Gayle needs an apartment that is pet friendly so she can keep her dog with her.
11. ++ Jessica and her daughter, Jasleen are presently homeless. They need a safe and secure place to live. Protect them in the interium Lord.
12. + Josh – Troubled with his experience while in prison. Pray for the release of the captive, free him spiritually. When asked if he would like to receive Jesus, he rejected the invitation, however, he took a cross. So we pray that the cross will rekindle his upbringing of being raised in a Christian family. Heal him of anything that has turned his heart from you, Lord Jesus.
13. +++++ Glenda has 4 children: Alex (14), Edward (13), Evelyn (11), Jazmine (8). They are presently homeless. But her biggest concern is her son Alex who doesn't listen to her. He is seeking friends in the wrong places and she is concerned with his safety and well being. Torre prayed from Ecclesiastes that she would know when to speak and when not to speak, and that when she speaks she will hear God's words of what to speak to her son.